Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 and 43 X Black Slides

There now listed on our other distributor's websites.Glock product numbers below.

Glock 48
    PA4850201 Std Sights
    PA4850301AB AMGLO
    PA4850701 NS

Glock 43X
    PX4350201 Std Sights
    PX4350301AB AMGLO
    PX4350701 NS

I’ve wanted a 48 for some time. I would have gotten the silver slide, but I waited this long...

Site Supporter
    Now I'll have to pick up a modern P7 (G43X)...

I’m hoping to find time today to hit up my BL dealer to ask about these.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...x-black-slide/

"GLOCK has announced to distributors that the new G43X and G48 Black Slide models will be hitting loading docks across the country in a few short weeks. For those of you who were on the GLOCK slimline train last year, but wanted a round trip ticket to Black Slide bliss, your reservation now awaits. From the looks of the specifications, the black slide counterparts to last year’s silver models are virtually identical. Sight options from the stock polymer – steel and GLOCK night sights – will be available as upgraded models."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...x-black-slide/

"GLOCK has announced to distributors that the new G43X and G48 Black Slide models will be hitting loading docks across the country in a few short weeks. For those of you who were on the GLOCK slimline train last year, but wanted a round trip ticket to Black Slide bliss, your reservation now awaits. From the looks of the specifications, the black slide counterparts to last year’s silver models are virtually identical. Sight options from the stock polymer – steel and GLOCK night sights – will be available as upgraded models."
    So we think they will have the same PVD finish as the 43X/48 and 19X, except in black? I love that finish as it feels grippy working the slide and seems weather and sweat resistant.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So we think they will have the same PVD finish as the 43X/48 and 19X, except in black? I love that finish as it feels grippy working the slide and seems weather and sweat resistant.

It will be a factory black finish. Not sure if it will be as grippy as the current silver or not.

The silver, coyote PVD and Black nDLC finishes are both achieved with the same vapor dispersion process. The 19X PVD and Silver PVD are more abrasive, and not sure if that is planned, or a byproduct of their colorations. If it is something than can be controlled, I wonder if the new black finish will be more abrasive due to feedback on the current black finish.

Will have to see when they are released what they deal is.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was under the impression that PVD can't be done in black.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I was under the impression that PVD can't be done in black.
    PVD is Physical Vapor Dispersion, which the process in which the finish or treatment is done. DLC is a type of coating done via the PVD process.

Here is a place that does different types of PVD coatings.

https://www.tincoat.net/pvd-coating-...earm-coatings/

IonBond is another type of PVD coating. I have used this company before for some Black DLC coating. FAQ has some good info on DLC and PVD.

http://www.jabuie.com/ionbond.html

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

One of our distributors,Big Rock Sports has the 48 and 43X,std sights in stock.

User Tag List