Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft Targets and Fight at ToonTown

Site Supporter
    Initial thoughts:
    1. HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH ZOMG

2. There's a reason to learn unarmed combatives right there.

3. The "grooming" behaviors with the red shirt dude...pulling at his clothes etc...and the fact that he was pacing and shouting and moving his hands around is almost a textbook indicator of incoming violence.

4. Security arrives and nobody is handcuffed?

5. I may be wrong, but when your customers have to drag a dude down and sink a RNC in to calm him down you may need better security.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Wayyy too many people with kids just standing there. The correct response to a domestic situation like that is to make your family be not there with much haste. That could have very easily escalated to the point of bystanders becoming somebody’s backstop.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Disney has / had a full tactical response team at their parks. 8'ish years ago I was out east visiting my brother and tagged along for a night of festivities courtesy of the scary man recruiting for the mouse.
    A Disney Tac Squad? Please tell me they had to wear the ears with their equipment...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That entire thing is a perfect example of why I hate people.
    Hey man, you either die a Mickey Mouse or you live long enough to see yourself become a Donald Duck...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The guy with the dustpan did more to control the situation than “security “.

The security team at Disney exists to safeguard low insurance rates for their employer, not the lives of the customers.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Last week we went to sea world in Orlando. I was carrying a backpack. I had the backpack with the straps so the pack was on my chest. As I walked through I was sent to the bag inspection line. I unzipped the main compartment and the security clerk took two wooden dowels and moved an item or two and told me thank you. I looked at them and realized they were done. I they never looked through the bag. I was wearing a fishing shirt untucked with a wilderness belt. I could have carried anything into the park and they would not have been any wiser. If you are gonna screen screen.
    We went to universal's city walk for dinner. I got almost to security and remembered I had my old time pocket knife in my pocket and returned to the car. There you empty pockets into a tray and walk through scanner.

I visited WDW in January and saw a few obvious plainclothes guys scoping the crowds, whether cops or park security would be anyone’s guess. They were fit, obviously together even though about 20’ from each other with backs to a building. Backpacks, wraparound shades, clean shaven with short hair under sports team ball caps. Not with any family or kids.

A Google search shows WDW does hire plainclothes security, it looks like starting pay is about $14/hour.

The uniforms at the metal detectors asked me to press all the buttons on my Surefire Stiletto - it does look like a cheap stun gun.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    As I walked through I was sent to the bag inspection line. I unzipped the main compartment and the security clerk took two wooden dowels and moved an item or two and told me thank you. I looked at them and realized they were done.
    I was at Circuit of the Americas for F1 last year, and that was their screening process. Someone could smuggle in some serious kit if they were so inclined.

Fortunately, it looked like CotA had half of Austin PD and Travis County SO on hand. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some tactical folks lurking about.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Experienced Disney traveler, and been some places with some folks from the Disney machine.
    There are more layers than meets the eye.
    Cast members you see are for visitor experiences, bell curve problems, and risk management. For better and worse, they're like most other places.
    Cast members you don't see have much more capability.
    Disney's SOP for safety, medical, and behavioral issues includes rapid redirection of traffic, distraction by cast members, and rapid relocation.
    This was an old-fashioned family thugfest presenting no public danger and that will run itself out. No need for a security dogpile that won't play well in PR/youtube.
    Disneyland is more Cali than Disney. Parking, facilities, cast member behavior, other park guests, full of pot smoke, all Cali. This is what I expect of -land.
    Disneyworld is a different experience. Not without some nonsense, but not Cali.
    Screening at -land is also different than -world. Same layers, same machines, just...different.

-Land had some neat stuff, but I won't do it again nor do I recommend it to others. Currently planning another trip to -world, though.
    Last edited by ST911; 07-08-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List