Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Soft Targets and Fight at ToonTown

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Name:  IMG_7696.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  66.3 KB
    I like it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    When your kids are too cool to want to hang out with daddy those hunting trips will still be there. Enjoy the moments you have.
    Which is why it was my idea to go. I know how much they enjoyed the trip last time and that Thing 1 is rapidly approaching the age where she wouldn't be interested, so I suggested last year that we not only go, but completely splash out on the bells and whistles to make it an epic trip for my family. The benefit to me is seeing them enjoy themselves. I'll tolerate the mouse for their grins.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Name:  IMG_7696.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  66.3 KB
    I'm showing this to my wife.

Chris

Thank god my wife only wants my D.

That D would be a dealbreaker.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Experienced Disney traveler, and been some places with some folks from the Disney machine.
    There are more layers than meets the eye.
    Cast members you see are for visitor experiences, bell curve problems, and risk management. For better and worse, they're like most other places.
    Cast members you don't see have much more capability.
    Disney's SOP for safety, medical, and behavioral issues includes rapid redirection of traffic, distraction by cast members, and rapid relocation.
    This was an old-fashioned family thugfest presenting no public danger and that will run itself out. No need for a security dogpile that won't play well in PR/youtube.
    Disneyland is more Cali than Disney. Parking, facilities, cast member behavior, other park guests, full of pot smoke, all Cali. This is what I expect of -land.
    Disneyworld is a different experience. Not without some nonsense, but not Cali.
    Screening at -land is also different than -world. Same layers, same machines, just...different.

-Land had some neat stuff, but I won't do it again nor do I recommend it to others. Currently planning another trip to -world, though.
    This is an accurate appraisal of DW and their security.

We have/had passes to pretty much all the parks on I4. Ain't smuggling nuttin into Disney now-a-days. Well, Disney Springs, but that's open and unrestricted.(BTW Disney Springs has their own bourbon trail now, so fun for Dad!).

Security at Sea World is a joke. I've carried my standard & "heavy" concealed carry kit into all 3. It's funny watching them wand down my wife & double inspect our strollers while I'm standing inside the park carrying 2 pistols, mags, 2 ifak, knives, flashlight. It was even funnier at the water park, where everyone is in a swimsuit but me.

Legoland security is so-so. Not coming in the front gate, but lots of leaks.

My last trips to Universal were for Halloween horror nights. Nothing was getting in there, security was comparable to DW.

Busch Gardens is a lot like Sea World in regards to security.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The only time I went to Disneyland I got in free because the friend I was with knew a guy that worked there. Still not worth the price of admission. But I don't have kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I have every intention of going to Disney World at some point soon-ish. My son would love it and I want to go to Galaxy’s Edge because I’m a Star Wars nerd.
    That will probably be the only reason we go back, but we are waiting for the hotel.

Our only reason for not going back before then is the kids aging out and other things we’d prefer to do with the time and money, after our year of Disney. We did a big finale with a week at the contemporary, all the hot rides, etc so we are all pretty stocked up.

Site Supporter
    Some time after reading this thread and this thread on pepper spray, I stumbled upon an article or comment regarding Pom spray with a link to Amazon (might have been on Greg E's site). I followed the link and reading the material on Amazon's ad, it ocurred to me that Pom would be the idea NPE spray for places like Disney. Nowhere on the package does it say "pepper spray" or give any indication of what it's for. The white containers with "girly" colored stripes (coral, pink, etc) would totally fly under the radar even if spotted.

I ordered one (white/coral). At $13 shipped, if it gets confiscated or I'm told to toss it, I'm not out a lot of money.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Some time after reading this thread and this thread on pepper spray, I stumbled upon an article or comment regarding Pom spray with a link to Amazon (might have been on Greg E's site). I followed the link and reading the material on Amazon's ad, it ocurred to me that Pom would be the idea NPE spray for places like Disney. Nowhere on the package does it say "pepper spray" or give any indication of what it's for. The white containers with "girly" colored stripes (coral, pink, etc) would totally fly under the radar even if spotted. I ordered one (white/coral). At $13 shipped, if it gets confiscated or I'm told to toss it, I'm not out a lot of money. Chris
    If you're handy with photoshop and scaling...

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List