Thread: Responsibly Armed w/ Weems & Harris, 11/2/19 in Savannah GA

Responsibly Armed w/ Weems & Harris, 11/2/19 in Savannah GA

Registration & Info Link

Lee Weems
    and Randy Harris have teamed up to offer a unique course combining classroom education dynamics of the use of deadly force as well as practical live fire training.

Classroom: “Stand your ground” isn't a magic phrase that transforms a use of force into a lawful use of force. This class explores the dynamics of deadly force encounters to include the reasonable man doctrine, the lawful use of force, interacting with responding officers, and more.

Lee Weems combines two decades of law enforcement experience along with his education from places such as the Force Science Institute, the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program, the Massad Ayoob Group Deadly Force Instructor certification course, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Use of Force Instructor Training Program, and many others to create the content for this presentation.

Live Fire: "Avoid it if you can but win it if you can't". In the afternoon session we will delve into the dynamics of interpersonal conflict in the criminal assault paradigm. We will look at what skills you REALLY need to have to be prepared to respond to physical assault with a firearm. This session will cover recognizing the cues of impending criminal assault and taking meaningful action to dissuade or counter it, the core skills of fighting with a handgun, and after action assessment including preparation for dealing with police response. Students will need their pistol, at least 1 spare magazine and their holster and a way to carry their spare magazine. They will need 150 rounds of ammo and eye and ear protection.Randy Harris is a highly-accomplished civilian firearms trainer with over 20 years’ experience in the field. He holds instructor certifications from Rangemaster, Suarez International, the National Rifle Association, and the State of Tennessee. He has participated in the National Tactical Invitational and is a multi-time presenter at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference. Randy is an IDPA Master Class shooter in five divisions, and he is one of only four people to hold both the Red Pin from the Rogers Shooting School and a Turbo Pin from Gabe White's Pistol Shooting Solutions class.

Arrangements to pay the deposit or full class fee via cash, check, or money order may be made by contacting the instructor at lee@firstpersonsafety.com. Payment may also be made via the following:

www.venmo.com/firstpersonsafety
    Last edited by jlw; 07-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Just to clarify: this is a classroom AND range class that is only 1 day?

(6 hours up the coast... Hmmm...)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Just to clarify: this is a classroom AND range class that is only 1 day?

(6 hours up the coast... Hmmm...)
    Yes. I’m teaching a classroom block from 0900-1200, and then Randy will take over after lunch for a range session.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm actually gonna be lecturing for about an hour and THEN we hit the range.

In fact we will most likely structure this so that my lecture takes place during lunch.

In case anyone is interested here is a review from our first offering of this class.....https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ems-and-Harris
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 07-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Registrations on this one are S-l-o-w.

That is disheartening to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by descent View Post
    That is disheartening to hear.
    Yup. Savannah and the surrounding area has a fairly active competition shooting scene, but there isn't much training there. I have been hoping to get something established there and make it a place to stop on the circuit for everyone.

I wish there was some way I could help but I'm not on social media and I'm not really a people person.

Unfortunately, this class has been canceled.

User Tag List