Thread: Karl Rehn: Tactical Scenarios, 10/27/19, Athens GA

Karl Rehn: Tactical Scenarios, 10/27/19, Athens GA

Registration Link

Tuition: $200

Course Description: This one day course provides student opportunities to participate in force on force scenarios simulating incidents that might occur in the home, workplace, school, church, convenience store, restaurant, or parking lot.

Topics: Integrating recognition of pre-fight cues, movement, communication, defensive pistol skills, post-incident actions, medical response, interface with known and unknown bystanders and arriving uniformed responders. The course will focus on realistic simulations of plausible situations relevant to the armed citizen and require appropriate use of force decisions.

Length: Eight hours

Prerequisites: State carry permit or instructor approval.

Required Equipment: Belt holster.

Optional Equipment: Students that own their own Airsoft gun, SIRT gun, red gun, Coolfire trainer or other training weapon that cannot fire live ammunition are encouraged to bring them to class. Students that have their own paintball/Airsoft mask, or other force on force safety gear (chest/neck/groin protectors, gloves, etc.) should bring them also.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

FWIW, Karl ran force-on-force scenarios at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference for a number of years back in the day. I've participated in Karl's scenarios and taken his force-on-force instructor class. Karl is a genius when it comes to running this stuff effectively. His approach minimizes down time and helps keep role players on track. He's one of the few people I've experienced doing force-on-force right.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Ditto on that. Karl does a great job and the scenarios are very well thought out.

If you want to attend this class, now is the time to sign up. We still haven't reached the minimum.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm taking his 2 day scenario class this weekend at FAS and looking forward to it! I'll post an AAR once I'm home and have time to write it up. I've trained with Karl at the NW Tac Con in 2018. If anyone has a chance to train with him they should!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Ditto on that. Karl does a great job and the scenarios are very well thought out.
    +1. And his teaching style is such that you think about how to do it better next time, rather than thinking "I'm a dumbass" at the end of a scenario. Much recommended!

User Tag List