Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LWRC .45 PCC

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are pages and pages on Enos of the multitude of reliability problems mid to high round count MPX shooters have.
    Ate the guns heavily modded that see issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Ate the guns heavily modded that see issues?

I really don’t count trigger problems, since the 9mm carbines are so hard on triggers. Most MPX reliability issues surround the gas system, although there are also breakages of small parts. Apparently the Gen 3 gas system is better. On Gen 1 and 2 MPX carbines, some serious PCC competitors clean the gas system every night of a major match. That necessitates removing the barrel. Apparently this is not an issue with the MCX, as rifle powder is much cleaner than pistol powder. Every MPX USPSA shooter I know, including myself, has had MPXs back to Sig for repair, had broken parts, and some function issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Most guys run their MPXs stock except for a trigger, magazine extensions and maybe a charging handle.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really don’t count trigger problems, since the 9mm carbines are so hard on triggers. Most MPX reliability issues surround the gas system, although there are also breakages of small parts. Apparently the Gen 3 gas system is better. On Gen 1 and 2 MPX carbines, some serious PCC competitors clean the gas system every night of a major match. That necessitates removing the barrel. Apparently this is not an issue with the MCX, as rifle powder is much cleaner than pistol powder. Every MPX USPSA shooter I know, including myself, has had MPXs back to Sig for repair, had broken parts, and some function issues.
    Good to know. I will pass it along to our customers that ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Good to know. I will pass it along to our customers that ask.

The flip side, is for those that want to run regular factory ammo, the MPX is way softer shooting than a blowback design. I have heard Federal makes a 130 grain Syntech load, though, for blow backs, but that is a specialized load.

I think the latest Gen 3 MPXs, like their competition model, give you the best crack at reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Most likely a CMMG Guard
    YES! That was it. It was pretty cool. So small (pistol with brace model).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List