Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye to (local) law enforcement

Site Supporter
    Are they making you move or will you be working the same area ?

Site Supporter
    Congratulations. My aspirations have always been the opposite. I would do plainclothes/UC work, if I had to, but preferred patrol. Kinda hard (but admittedly not impossible) to work a dog plainclothes/UC.

Stay safe and work hard. Be the cop your community/state deserves, regardless of what you wear to work.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 07-08-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are they making you move or will you be working the same area ?
    I won’t be working the same area, but the field office I’m assigned to is in the city that I currently work, so luckily I won’t have to move.

Sounds appealing... Congrats .
    Best wishes , & stay safe .
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Site Supporter
    Congratulations! I noticed that the website indicates that their special agents are empowered to enforce state and federal laws. Is it common for their SAs to be cross-designated as DUSMs or is there some other similar mechanism that gives them federal authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Congratulations! I noticed that the website indicates that their special agents are empowered to enforce state and federal laws. Is it common for their SAs to be cross-designated as DUSMs or is there some other similar mechanism that gives them federal authority?
    They do have agents throughout the state assigned to various federal task forces (USMS, FBI, DEA, HIDTA, etc.), but our US Attorney’s Office (in our district, anyway) has no problem with local or state officers prosecuting cases in federal court. I know this varies with USAO’s throughout the country, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    They do have agents throughout the state assigned to various federal task forces (USMS, FBI, DEA, HIDTA, etc.), but our US Attorney’s Office (in our district, anyway) has no problem with local or state officers prosecuting cases in federal court. I know this varies with USAO’s throughout the country, though.
    Interesting; thanks!

User Tag List