Thread: PX4 Compact - 22 Trainer Search

PX4 Compact - 22 Trainer Search

I searched and did’t find any discussion on this.

As title says looking for a 22 trainer to the PX4 Compact.

I understand the pure training advantages is 22 revolvers and the ever recommended pistols.

In this case looking to add to that with a pistol that could reasonably mimic the PX4 compact size and controls.

My thoughts right now are either Ruger SR22 or Walter P22 or Sig P250-22 or beretta 92-22.

Adding to that, my PX4 compacts are DAO. Could any of the above be converted to DAO? The sig P250 comes DAO but is discontinued but Used could likely be found.

Any thoughts experiences would be appreciated.

Would be awfully nice if some clever person could come up with a 22 conversion for the PX4 families

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a 92D and get a .22 conversion for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    The SIG P250 .22 would be your best bet.

The Beretta and Ceiner .22 conversion kits work on the 92/96 D models. You might be able to convert the 92-22 to DAO.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The SIG P250 .22 would be your best bet.

The Beretta and Ceiner .22 conversion kits work on the 92/96 D models. You might be able to convert the 92-22 to DAO.
    I’m going to go with P250 22lr suggestion. They look tough to find. If anyone sees one at their LGS please let me know.

SR22 is a good little pistol for what it's worth. Sample of one but the one I got for my daughter has run like a top for a few thousand rounds. That does not mirror my experience with most .22s. The only thing I can't stand is the safety is in the same spot as a 1911 but is backwards, ie. up is hot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree, having a rimfire trainer is an excellent idea. I would hope that Beretta comes out with one, I think it would sell an acceptable number of units.

I traded Dagga Boy for a Beretta Vertec frame. I then bought a Beretta .22 conversion kit, and swapped in a threaded barrel.

Now I have a suppressed .22 trainer to match my EDC 9mm Vertec.

I have only found px4 bb guns, supposed to feel the same weight wise and all. The slide even reciprocates and all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    I’m going to go with P250 22lr suggestion. They look tough to find. If anyone sees one at their LGS please let me know.

Try gun broker or guns America websites.

CZ P07 with kadet kit. Place it side by side and its very close.

User Tag List