Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Seattle: Husband and wife involved in 2017 DGU on trial

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I didn’t know that McInnes also founded Vice.

Far out.
    And is often referred to as the "Godfather of Hipster Sub-Culture".

In other words, Hipsters Are Really White Supremacists...

Think about that next time your Starbucks Barista acts all snotty with you. Flip it on them, "Been drinking too much McInnes Kool-Aid? Are you mad at me, because I don't share your desire for a racially pure world?" I guarantee they won't get it.

That is almost definitional irony; that the Hipster Movement, renowned for its ostensible "wokeness", was founded by a white supremacist.

Site Supporter
    Checked on this today-- mistrial in mid-August after eight days of deliberation.

https://www.kiro7.com/video?videoId=...deoVersion=1.0

The Prosecutor will not recharge. Probably did not help that the victim refused to testify, although the jury couldn't infer anything from it.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...c-aa8ccfea130d

An anti-fascist fascist protester got shot because he wanted to mix it up. Big deal.

Everyone should CC at these popular scheduled events.

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more personal space for everyone to enjoy themselves.

Wa is a shall issue state. $35 and a clean BC will get you a permit, guaranteed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the woman who shot that guy didn't have carry insurance and defense was paid by her insurance.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure everyone knows this but in WA there are no requirements for training to get a license to carry. I've had one for 30 years and never had any formal training regarding my legal responsibilities of actually shooting someone in self defense. That doesn't mean I don't know what they are but I'm sure there are many here in this state that don't have a clue. I carry in public places but I'm careful about where I go.

Because I know what my responsibilities are I would opt out of carrying a weapon at a politically motivated gathering of any type because there's a good chance of being physically assaulted just standing in a crowd.
    An anti-fascist fascist protester got shot because he wanted to mix it up. Big deal.

Everyone should CC at these popular scheduled events.

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more personal space for everyone to enjoy themselves.

Wa is a shall issue state. $35 and a clean BC will get you a permit, guaranteed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the woman who shot that guy didn't have carry insurance and defense was paid by her insurance.
    I for one am grateful for the consistency of your opinions.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I for one am grateful for the consistency of your opinions.
    Looks like I changed my mind about that after the mistrial decision. You ever change your mind about anything? Probably not. WA has no stand your ground law.

But it doesn't matter because I'm not intentionally going to attend one of these events anyway so I can get dragged into court by some politically opportunistic prosecutor.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-09-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Looks like I changed my mind about that after the mistrial decision. You ever change your mind about anything? Probably not. WA has no stand your ground law.

But it doesn't matter because I'm not intentionally going to attend one of these events anyway so I can get dragged into court by some politically opportunistic prosecutor.
    I feel that you should know whether you did or didn't actually change your mind, rather than supposing; but hey obligatory Mike Krasny quote, "'We are ultimately unknowable to ourselves and others" (italics mine).

I do believe changing your opinion back again to the initially posted does qualify as a triple axel, if this were figure-skating; and that's pretty laudable.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I feel that you should know whether you did or didn't actually change your mind, rather than supposing; but hey obligatory Mike Krasny quote, "'We are ultimately unknowable to ourselves and others" (italics mine).

I do believe changing your opinion back again to the initially posted does qualify as a triple axel, if this were figure-skating; and that's pretty laudable.
    I'm almost 100% sure I changed my mind about it.

But I will reserve my decision until I actually decide to participate in a riot.

User Tag List