Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle: Husband and wife involved in 2017 DGU on trial

Student

Seattle: Husband and wife involved in 2017 DGU on trial

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...poulos-speech/

Last time I paid attention to someone else's trial in this region of the country was Michael Strickland back in 2016, out of Portland. It didn't go so well.

On a side note with Portland, I am less disturbed by what happened to Andy Ngo than the reactions to downplay and rationalize it, even people outside of social media. It's on the same level in my mind as the Covington students.

Don’t go to these things armed and looking for an excuse to shoot. Damnit, folks.
    #RESIST

This looks like Zimmerman all over again. Two (well, 3 this time) people in the same place at the same time making bad decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Don’t go to these things armed and looking for an excuse to shoot. Damnit, folks.
    Am I wrong to say that their first mistake was being there at all?

Why would you even go to something like that when you know it's going to be a Shitshow?

Probably gonna get flack for this, but a shooting is not defensive when the actors go to the trouble.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

Why would you even go to something like that when you know it's going to be a Shitshow?
    We are in strident agreement, man.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

Absolutely. My first thought when I read the article was the quote about stupid people, stupid places, stupid things and winning stupid prizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I tend to avoid large, angry mobs. Not much upside to be found wading into one, looking for conflict.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    The article mentions that she was 'trained to use it':

Elizabeth Hokoana, who defense attorney Steven Wells said routinely carried a handgun for self-defense and was licensed and trained in its use
    Wonder if this was a good strategy. How many SD classes stress don't do stupid things in stupid places with stupid people? If the prosecution can:

a. Document they didn't not follow their training.
    b. Say that the training did not follow our kind of avoidance training but emphasize how to shoot people - that shows the training primes them for violence. This has been said in other trials.

The shoot in itself was probably good.

But as others said -

Being there at all knowing the likely outcome was a dumb as donkey shit choice to make, and I’d wager will outweigh the defense aspect.

Pro- tip. This is one of those “stupid places/stupid people” things
    Last edited by Duke; 07-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.

User Tag List