Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle: Husband and wife involved in 2017 DGU on trial

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I personally know some very good people that have fought the Antifa.
    Well, there are probably some very fine people on both sides...

/s
    There's nothing civil about this war.

They are a shitshow who regardless of their claims want nothing more than mayhem. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there isnt some extreme violence committed against a group of them at some point.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    As I said :

There is a tendency for some conservatives to think someone who sort of shares their views can’t really be an extremist /bad guy. That is not the case.
    There is no ambiguity about these events - both sides are going there with the intention to assault and harass the other. Political violence hobbyist is an accurate description of both sides. They thrive on the drama. If you go looking for trouble don’t be surprised when you find it.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-07-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Well, there are probably some very fine anarchists on both sides...

I can see where a Trump supporter might feel like they're living in the wilderness in Seattle..
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    In hypothesizing different facts, I was contemplating, and inviting a discussion of, the implications for ordinary, law abiding concealed carriers of escalating antifa street violence mixed with police passivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I understand that but that is so different from the facts here it should really be it’s own thread to avoid confusion.

There is a tendency for some conservatives to think someone who sort of shares their views can’t really be an extremist /bad guy. That is not the case.
    You could be right that the intersection of (1) law abiding concealed carriers going about their lawful business, not looking for a fight, (2) antifa street thugs, and (3) delinquent policing, should be a discussion for another thread.

On your second point, I would agree that there are some on the right (I wouldn’t call them conservatives) who think that "someone who sort of shares their views can’t really be an extremist /bad guy.” In the same way that there are leftists who think that people like an antifa thug "who sort of shares their views can’t really be an extremist /bad guy.” I would submit, though, that as a response to my posts this was somewhat of a non sequitur. I certainly didn’t disagree with those who said that this couple were affirmatively looking for trouble, and likely asked for the trouble they’ve found themselves in. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Yeah, I tend to avoid large, angry mobs. Not much upside to be found wading into one, looking for conflict.
    Don’t go to these things armed and looking for an excuse to shoot. Damnit, folks.
    Rather, I was expressing disquiet about what where we might be headed when it comes to the intersection of (1) law abiding concealed carriers going about their lawful business and not looking for a fight, (2) antifa street thugs, and (3) delinquent policing. Shame on me for not making it crystal clear that my example presumed people who, unlike this couple, are not looking to mix it up with the thugs wearing a different color jersey.

Let me try it a different way. Should it become known that anti-LGBT street thugs will be protesting at the Pride March, should Mrs. and Mrs. Average Lesbian Concealed Carry feel compelled to stay home instead of marching in the parade? Is the answer dependent on whether the police in that particular locale are known not to take seriously their responsibility for public safety?

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=blues;901359]Well, there are probably some very fine people on both sides...

/s

OK, blues, I'm stumped - what does the "/s" ^^^^ mean?

Let me try it a different way. Should it become known that anti-LGBT street thugs will be protesting at the Pride March, should Mrs. and Mrs. Average Lesbian Concealed Carry feel compelled to stay home instead of marching in the parade? Is the answer dependent on whether the police in that particular locale are known not to take seriously their responsibility for public safety?
    Absolutely not.

If the average lesbian who carries feels they should show up to march in a parade they should do that.

They also need to weigh the fact that if they're involved in what they believe to be a self defense shooting they may be arrested and prosecuted. After that they may also be involved in a civil case brought by the victim or the victim's family. The fact that even though they could win a favorable decision in both cases and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars doing it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

The bottom line. Are you prepared financially to weather the coming litigation or possibility of doing some time.

I'm not sure everyone knows this but in WA there are no requirements for training to get a license to carry. I've had one for 30 years and never had any formal training regarding my legal responsibilities of actually shooting someone in self defense. That doesn't mean I don't know what they are but I'm sure there are many here in this state that don't have a clue. I carry in public places but I'm careful about where I go.

Because I know what my responsibilities are I would opt out of carrying a weapon at a politically motivated gathering of any type because there's a good chance of being physically assaulted just standing in a crowd.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-07-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I think that a significant percentage of people are living without regard to the fact that the dominant culture has changed diametrically.

We now live in a time whereby so-called sentient people question if it is reasonable for a sovereign nation, while conducting a census, to know how many citizens are in said nation. And where a Chief Justice opines that although it is probably within the authority of the Chief Executive, we need to know his thoughts before we fully decide. (This being the same entity that decided Whren v. United States, 517 U.S. 806 for some poor flatfoot. And yes, criminal law is different, but reasoning is universal.)

Parades, rallies, heck, even a Dodger's game, is no longer a relatively pedestrian task. In the Stupid People, Places and Things Paradigm®, crowds of any kind will contain multiples of at least two elements of the triumvirate.
    Last edited by Gray01; 07-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My dad was in an Antifa organization: The United States Army.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Really? It’s too early to me to convict anyone, but it sounds BAD to me. Like premeditated bad. Don’t get me wrong, the antifa jack off was in the wrong to, but two assholes don’t add up to a good shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got little tolerance for this stuff anymore. Guess I'm just getting old and cranky. But the guy chose to go unarmed. Sounds to me like he was only hoping to get to wax a snowflake or two's noggin on the way in to see Milo. When the snowflake elevated it to deadly force (the knife) and got capped, I just can't muster up any sympathy. I will agree with others that she's probably going to get sent up. Just the times we live in...

User Tag List