Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PF cat thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Hate to say it, but you need to consider the consequences of that behavior just as if it was a dog. If she ever does that to a visitor to your home, you will face the same liability. Except the cat bacteria is very bad. I know multiple people who have required medical attention due to infection from mechanically minor cat bites.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm not a cat person, so it's not surprising that I have a very simple behavioral model for cats. There are 3 binary variables for cat personality:

1. Evil / Not evil
    2. Crazy / Not crazy
    3. Scared of everything / Not scared of everything

Very few cats are (-) for all three, but even I could put up with one that acted that way. There are other combinations that are fairly benign. E.g. if you have an evil crazy cat that's scared of everything, than that's ok because you never see it (until you have to capture it for a trip to the vet). But I'm starting to suspect that a cat can flip it's behavior variables as it ages...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hate to say it, but you need to consider the consequences of that behavior just as if it was a dog. If she ever does that to a visitor to your home, you will face the same liability. Except the cat bacteria is very bad. I know multiple people who have required medical attention due to infection from mechanically minor cat bites.
    Yup. The dude next door almost lost his eye because his crazy evil cat bit him in the face randomly while he was sitting on the couch.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The cat that adopted us has been infuriating. First off she seems to prefer women. Follows the wife around the house like a dog. Always want to be right next to somebody so you have to look around before you step back. So stand offish to being touched. Only when she wants it. Hates to be picked up.
    But things have been progressing. First it was jump in the chair next to me or on top of me when Im laying on the couch. Just walks around but never sat down.
    Kind of perturbing when you provide for an animal that doesnt reciprocate. Finally today for the first time I got this. There may be hope after all.
    Name:  F690802B-B71B-45D7-B1F7-780ACF3B41C9.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  61.4 KB
    Name:  B2F7DBFC-527B-4D04-B5FA-4C92DEB2C14A.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  60.7 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Having now owned two cats for a while I have learned that I hate owning cats. I. Sorry to say it folks but I despise owning these two god damn things. The wife and kid love them so they will stay but I'm not happy about it lol.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    My Cat from Hell is on Discovery+ now, I think. It can be very helpful in explaining cat neuroses to folks that don't have much experience with them, or maybe have experience with them, it's just all bad experience.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I didn't know that we had a cat thread. This girl showed up at work starving 2 days a

Of course I feed her now.

I like cats, socially, but am allergic to most.
    Our neighbors had a Siamese that would come over to play with our dog until he got tired and would hide in the house, once found on top of my Mother's hat box on the top closet shelf. Never bothered me.
    A friend's previous cat, Pox, was non allergenic, but his successor Sam will give me sniffles and burning eyes in short order.

Another friend's Beethoven was a weird cross between a house cat and some small wild cat, non allergenic. Interesting, he studiously ignored me until his co-cat Seymore died, then he got very friendly.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List