Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: PF cat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm not a cat person, so it's not surprising that I have a very simple behavioral model for cats. There are 3 binary variables for cat personality:

1. Evil / Not evil
    2. Crazy / Not crazy
    3. Scared of everything / Not scared of everything

Very few cats are (-) for all three, but even I could put up with one that acted that way. There are other combinations that are fairly benign. E.g. if you have an evil crazy cat that's scared of everything, than that's ok because you never see it (until you have to capture it for a trip to the vet). But I'm starting to suspect that a cat can flip it's behavior variables as it ages...
    Of the current set of parental cats, both are (-) on the Evil and Crazy scale. The older cat is a bit scared of strangers, and will hide behind the TV. Younger cat loves everyone and everything, even visiting doggos- which isn't always reciprocated.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Maine Coons are awesome cats .. they act like dogs.
    I like cats use to feed the strays at work by the AP trailer at one Faculty I worked at.
    Took home a Huge Maine Coon that was roaming around the prison ..that's how I got stared liking the breed.
    After he passed I have always had Maine Coons.

I spent a lot of money on food feeding the prison cats and trapped some to be fixed by a Vet so they would have no more litters.

Feral cats are hard to handle .. funny sight seeing a guy with a Mohawk and a reputation for being violent to be a soft touch for cats.

we have a new stray.
    this is morning and evening #2 of it coming around and getting food.
    this isn't a feral; this is/was someone's pet. it's WAY too affectionate, and it can be handled without trying to kill us.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Here's our cat in mid yawn. He was an indoor cat for a couple of years and seemed to be increasingly unhappy. We decided to give him his freedom and make him an outside cat. He is a different animal now and totally in his element. He follows me everywhere and is a killing machine. Mice, moles and chipmunks are not safe around the farm now. Vet says he is a very happy and healthy cat. Pretty cool.

Name:  IMG_20210626_204319.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  69.2 KB

Post yawn
    Name:  IMG_20210626_204307.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  74.7 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Had to take little Mauser to the vet, turns out the Porsche Cayman makes a phenomenal cat conveyance. The look on her face says, "Get me out of this wretched eurotrash car, human."

Name:  IMG_20210916_074201310_HDR.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  67.3 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Of the current set of parental cats, both are (-) on the Evil and Crazy scale. The older cat is a bit scared of strangers, and will hide behind the TV. Younger cat loves everyone and everything, even visiting doggos- which isn't always reciprocated.
    Older cat:
    Name:  Junior.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  38.7 KB

Younger cat:
    Name:  Gator.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  32.7 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Name:  2AE28841-A8CD-4E5B-98D3-1D3D986DE6AB.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  41.3 KB

This is the kitten my daughter and I rescued from the engine compartment of her car two weeks ago. It stowed away and rode an hour then spent the night before we knew it was there.

The house is quiet and seems empty now. I moved into this house, after my friend/employer passed away, at families request, to take care of the cat. We had to put her down yesterday, as her kidneys were in shut down mode. (hasn't eaten and lost a pound and a half in a week)

She was only mine for a year, but I knew her all her life. Mattie will be missed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    This is the kitten my daughter and I rescued from the engine compartment of her car two weeks ago. It stowed away and rode an hour then spent the night before we knew it was there.
    Beautiful fluffy little thing.

My sister had to put down another fur baby (her designation, not mine) after 15 years yesterday. He was a very cute Siamese, even if he did tell me to go f myself and then hid under the bed whenever I got close. F cancer.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Saw the damndest thing today. In Montana, there is a neighbor white cat, that we often see cruising around. Saw that cat today, and it was on its belly in tall grass, trying to sneak up on a covey of Hungarian partridge that live near us. Wanna be bird dog!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List