Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PF cat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That is one beautiful cat! They're all aesthetic, but she is really gorgeous.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    They do love to grab and stick their claws in and chew on you a bit, but it's primarily affectionate and they control very well how deep to dig in. A high pitched yelp indicating that you are in pain generally gets them back off some since they want to play and not hurt. With my wife, she grabs with barely any claw out but with me, since I let her go in deep when she was a little kitten, I get small temporary scars which don't bother me at all. She also does it when she sees I'm about to leave for a long trip to indicate she doesn't want me to go.
    My trick to escape the kill zone of the belly ambush is to blow air in their face. They get away quick. [emoji1787]

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Did some googling. It's actually "middening."
    That is awfully close to "kittening" lol
    "A man's character is his fate."

Didn't really want a cat but couldn't tell my wife and daughter no. My daughter is pretty allergic to cats so I figured it'd work itself out. Turns out she is not allergic to this guy at all and now he's my best bud.

Name:  20190802_220217.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  24.5 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    That is awfully close to "kittening" lol
    It also sounds a lot nicer than "damn cat crapping all over the place," but it means the same thing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Junk Yard Kitten doing his tire workout.

Name:  20190723_122057.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  47.9 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It also sounds a lot nicer than "damn cat crapping all over the place," but it means the same thing.
    And autocorrect got me again. I meant that to say "mittening"

You are right, though. We had a cat who resorted to that... but indoors. It was exasperating, to say the least. Thankfully it was short-lived.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Wish I had a picture, but this was before cell phones had cameras. Our little cat was 5 pounds of meanness. We accidentally locked her in a bedroom closet for 5 days and not only did she survive, I think she actually smiled at us when we got home and let her out.

Loved to kill birds off the feeder. Left dead rabbits on the back porch for sport.

Got the picture?

The cat loved to play in her water bowl. I'd fill it, as soon as I left the room I'd hear splashing sounds. Water all over the linoleum in the laundry room. I was sick of cleaning it up. Cats have zero guilt. She'd turn tail and trot out the cat door. One day, I caught her in the act. I locked the cat door, filled the water bowl and listened from my office. When she started splashing, I sprinted to the laundry room and the cat crashed face first into the locked cat door. I picked her up by the scruff, she made lots of scary angry-cat sounds, and I mopped the floor with her. Literally. Flipped her over and mopped with the other side, then slid her towards the door and unlocked the cat door.

That was the last time she played in the water bowl.

I forget what she peed on the next day (my luggage, IIRC). But we called a truce after that.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Currently, we have five cats and have had several dobies over the years.

Attachment 39870
    When I was very small, we had two dobermans and a tom cat. Tom cat would come flying over the fence chased by other cats. The dobermans would remind the other cats that this was a bad idea. They couldn't stand the tom cat, but he was their tom cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Didn't really want a cat but couldn't tell my wife and daughter no.
    That's how they get you.

Every.

Damned.

Time.

''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List