Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PF cat thread

This is Picasso, so named because of his polydactyl thumbs. He is 14 and has developed thyroid issues, so we are certainly in our last chapter with him, but he is still as playful and chatty as ever, just a few more naps per day than when younger.

Here are his two main moods....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks LL for a simple, pleasant thread

Cat 1) Hands Down the best cat I ever owned. 13 good years, but he passed in 2016. RIP to the only cat I agreed to have.

Cat 2) my wife brought her home as a companion to cat 1. She is the old lady of the house. Not a great cat, not a bad cat.

Cat 3) starts as a loud noise in the driveway. Went out to find a possum with a kitten in its mouth. Possum was shaking and bitting the kitten. So I smacked it with a broom. And then had a bleeding kitten with a broken leg. Crap. I was stuck with him... that was 7 years ago this week per face book.

Cat 4). Sadly, the new Alpha Male kitty is an asshole. He showed up on out patio 6 years ago and never left. After several weeks of living in our back yard, my wife let him in. Milo is every stereotype of why people don’t like cats. Here he is in one of the rare moments he shows affection. Typically, he is not social. He is a prolific killing machine. And frequently we find half eaten corpses of big piles of feathers.

Cat 5). This white mess showed up a year ago. My son’s girlfriend wanted to have a cat, and she adopted this one. Her family said no. So my son and her brought the cat to our house to call around to find it a home. I said HELL NO. Then my wife got home. And I told her HELL NO. So, now I have a white cat. At least she has a good personality.

There are 4 cats in the house now. A single cat is tolerable. I do not want this many ever again... ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

A few years ago, our male tabby 'Tiger' passed away after only ten years.

'Tiger' was arguably the most affectionate cat that I had ever seen 'til we got '7' in March of 2018.

Name:  Tiger.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  63.7 KB

After 'Tiger' died, my son saw this kitty (he named her Punkin) at a local shelter...

Name:  IMG_2887.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  66.0 KB

...and she grew into this little snuggle bug.

Name:  20181125_225513.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  100.6 KB

After our last black male cat (Ra) passed away after 17+ years in March of 2018...

Name:  Ra.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  35.3 KB

...my kids wanted another black male cat.

My daughter saw this handsome devil at a local pet store about two weeks later and we ended up with '7':

Name:  20180515_162022.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  20181030_203008.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  98.9 KB

Both cats are unbelievably affectionate and each one has their ''own self-assigned kid''.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 07-10-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I've found that older shelter cats tend to be more affectionate and appreciative of the loving environment that they in general get adopted into.
    Normally or M.O. is to go to a shelter and see which one(s) "call" to us. The strays have been a new thing for us.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

We used to volunteer at a local rescue and foster cats for them... Had to stop both.

Volunteering was too much emotionally - the rescue was not run well and has since been shut down - and fostering is why we have 5 cats instead of 2.

I can't complain though. The last two were foster kittens I could not let go.
    "A man's character is his fate."

that is pretty much why I can't volunteer or foster; I'd wind up on the news with 60 cats running around in short order.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    We put our cat of 12 years, Luci down in March. We picked up this little girl a couple month later from the pound. She’s by far the naughtiest cat we’ve ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My current butterball is a tuxedo cat female, named Lucy...im pretty sure they're all nuts. :P
    Last edited by Magsz; 07-10-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Dozing in the sun.

Name:  AB5B0075-DDA5-4E1E-AD55-FF6671DD12F1.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  54.3 KB
    #RESIST

Butters the best cat

User Tag List