Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MoH awardee MSgt John Chapman’s story told through drone footage

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    MSgt Chapman’s widow Valerie is in a closed group I help moderate. The stories she tells about her late husband are both awe inspiring and heartbreaking. By all accounts he was a hell of a man.
    Having watched the video and read the book, I can say unequivocally that I could only aspire to have the moxie and fortitude of such men, (with few exceptions). We are fortunate to have them.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I haven't read the book, but watched the video and read some other info about Msgt Chapman. If only I could be such a man. God bless his family and his brothers in arms.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Hammertime
    Read and enjoyed Alone at Dawn. I found the descriptions of the overall ground situation (and maps) were not as clear as how it was described in The Mission, The Men and Me. Both should be read to get a more complete understanding of things.

I am open to other suggestions for books on this battle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Read and enjoyed Alone at Dawn. I found the descriptions of the overall ground situation (and maps) were not as clear as how it was described in The Mission, The Men and Me. Both should be read to get a more complete understanding of things.

I am open to other suggestions for books on this battle as well.
    One of my favorite books!

I also saw Jake Gyllenhall will play Chapman in an upcoming movie. Hope they do it right.

User Tag List