Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tendonitis gun...thinking about a USP Expert

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Ha! the glock/rmr was a detour. I've got lots of 1911's to go 'round. But, I did convince her this weekend that I needed to buy back a Yost from a buddy, that I let go ten years ago
    Clearly I (and probably of one or two others of us) need to be apprentices to you in the family dynamics in gun acquisition process......

Best, Jon

I'd rock the B92 with a spring change. D-Spring and maybe one of the Wilson spring kits. I assume you're shooting 147 grain for your Agency. If it's a +p, see if you can get standard pressure FMJs or some of the very mild 115 grain ball loads, just for you, as an ADA accommodation.

Also, I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV and I did not stay at a Holiday Express last night, but my wife and son seem to benefit from Curcumin/Turmeric that I get from Costco. He has Osgood -Schlatter in his right knee and is a high school offensive lineman. The wife is an RN who has tennis elbow from rolling and moving patients. I buy Youtheory 1000 mg/capsule turmeric in the square bottle with orange label. It has black pepper to enhance bio-availability. My back knows the next day when I forget to take it the night before.

The lacrosse ball deal is a good one. My daughter rolls out my wife's arm and it hurts like heck when she's doing it, but it helps move everything around and get blood flow to the area.

I am surprised nobody has recommended an off side holster.
    Shoot with the other hand.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I made an appointment with an orthopedist for week after next. We will see what happens!

Thanks for the input everyone.

Site Supporter
    Will the USP Expert fit USP holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Will the USP Expert fit USP holsters?
    Not the Safariland ones. USP is a "93" and the USP Expert is a "96" to accommodate the longer muzzle.

KevH, hope you get diagnosed and find relief. It will certainly be interesting to hear the Orthopod's recommendations. For me, this thread has already been a game changer, but I already knew what I had and what brought it on. I've been doing the Chad Reilly regimen linked by David S. for 7 days now, and have a significant improvement in every day tasks that have bothered me for a year and a half. I haven't been shooting yet, but it's been well worth getting up a half hour earlier to do the routine along with some back stretches, exercises and lifts. I'm also pretty intrigued by the Theraband Flexbar mentioned by GJM and vsdtrek and plan to get green and blue ones to keep at work for those days when it doesn't work out to do it at home. I'll probably use them to add to the session and rep count as well. As an added benefit, you could probably clear an office pretty quick by whipping one out. Thanks to all for the links & suggestions.
    Best regards,
    JSP

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Thanks to all for the links & suggestions.
    Best regards,
    JSP
    The Theraband was a great help for me

I never really thought about it but I had pretty bad tendinitis in my left elbow. I’ve spent most of the last year shooting a steel 1911 in 45. Before that I was mostly shooting Glock 17’s with a short detour with a Centurion. I don’t remember the last time my elbow acted up.

Maybe there is something about shooting Glocks that’s hard on elbow tendons.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I had a 9MM USP Expert. Much of the weight of that gun is in the slide. The USP slide weighs significantly more than most 9MM pistol slides. For instance, the USP slide weighed 14.5 Oz., the slide of my SIG X-5; 11.9 Oz. I suspect that slide mass and recoil spring assembly resulted in what felt like moderate recoil to me, even with some of the most energetic ammo, +P+,etc. I don't know if the USP expert would help your tendinitis, but in any case, they are excellent pistols. Mine was as accurate as any pistol I've owned, literally 100% reliable, and had a clean breaking 4# SA trigger. The Only reason I don't still have the HK Expert, is the USP grip and my hand were a mismatch. Not a thing wrong with the gun. Maybe I should have had my hand surgically altered to fit the pistol

User Tag List