Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tendonitis gun...thinking about a USP Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Not the Safariland ones. USP is a "93" and the USP Expert is a "96" to accommodate the longer muzzle.
    Let me know if you want a blue flex bar and some broccoli rubber bands. Flexbars never did much to help my tennis elbow. Broccoli bands are the best bang for the buck extensor bands.

Armaids and Rolflex make an excellent product. Armaids is more arm specific, Rolflex is good enough on arms and also good for calves.

Voodoo floss has offered a lot of short term relief.

Sport grips sidewinder has done a lot to help my elbows. My wrist extensors were so weak compared to my flexors it wasn’t funny. I get that it’s essentially the same movement as a flex bar but it’s about a 1:10 time ratio on work.

One other thing I’ve been working on is not squeezing the bejesus out of the steering wheel when I drive. Didn’t realize I was doing it until recently but not doing it has helped my post workout grip recovery tremendously.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    This is what fixed my elbow pain. Still do it to keep things in order so it doesn't flare up again.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    One other thing I’ve been working on is not squeezing the bejesus out of the steering wheel when I drive.
    I've coached guys about that on the racetrack. You can literally feel it from the passenger seat in the way the car moves when they start gripping the wheel too hard again. Makes it really difficult for the steering to tell you what the tire contact patches are doing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Ditto on the rec on the PX4’s. Took a first time shooter to the range a while back who had arthritis. The Glock 19 wasn’t as comfortable as a PX4 Compact and he was able to shoot +150 rounds through a 92 comfortably.

I’ve personally found that metal framed guns are nicer to shoot that polymer framed guns. I’ve also personally found that guns that better conform to my hands even better to shoot. I reckon the 1911 (or probably even 2011) is so popular is because it combines both of those things very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE

So I went to the doctor (orthopedist) this Thursday and after imaging and a bit of poking and prodding here is the diagnosis...

aka Tennis Elbow

I was prescribed physical therapy.

In the meantime, with lot of shooting at work rapidly approaching (a month away), I'm ordering a Colt Competition Government chambered in 9mm to take the place of my normal customized 45 ACP. Hopefully that will allow me to shoot and help mitigate some of the pain.

User Tag List