Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some new kicks...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I heard "Welcome to the Jungle" on a classic rock station the other day, which is clearly incorrect because "classic" rock is at least like 25 years old, and that came out when I was in high school...
    <does the math>
    Oh that's bull#@$.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I look back 25 years and still need to look back a bit further to see college.
    Never did find any love for all that hair band metal noise. I only got as far as Van Halen.
    Pearl Jam and that genre was ok, some of it even very good, but... I turn down poker invitations to one particular friends house because all he plays all night long is that metal-hair stuff and between that and the bourbon I can't stand myself the next day.

This is music:

And ... back on topic (sorta)... the OP's kickkers are very nice, but in TX these are boots: YMMV

Back when I could wear boots around a lot I really dug Cocoran Mach side-zips:

Come to think of it, I think I'll get a pair.

My Dr.Martens "made in the UK" Cappers.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-08-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Bit of an update: They've gotten to the point where they're comfortable enough for all day wear, with a bit of moleskin on one trouble area on my right heel, and I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

I'd definitely say these are worth the purchase if you can't find the British made ones.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

This website seems to have a cool selection of boots (no affiliation, no experience, just a Google result):
    http://www.stompersboots.com/

btw: the GripFast 10 eyelet, burgandy rub off, steel cap boots are freaking awesome looking.
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    This website seems to have a cool selection of boots (no affiliation, no experience, just a Google result):
    http://www.stompersboots.com/

btw: the GripFast 10 eyelet, burgandy rub off, steel cap boots are freaking awesome looking.
    That's the store I ordered from, and the one that receives only two shipments of GripFast boots a year. He said they're getting more in stock in June sometime.

I really wanted a pair of the burgandy boots, but there were none to be found in my size anywhere.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

Thread resurrection.

Found a source for Gripfast 10 eye burgandy boots.
    http://www.experienceshoes.com in Seattle.
    They currently have US sizes 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 in stock.
    I ordered a pair today, will update with a comparison to my Dr Marten Cappers in a week or so.

I see everyone is exercising their fogey-fu on this thread, cuz I'm starting to feel like a baby. "Jeremy" came out when I was about 10 years old.

Speaking of trips down memory lane, when I was in highschool, from 1996 to 2000, the prevailing fashion was Abercrombie shirts, corduroy pants, and DM's. I was digging around in my old room at my parents house and found one of my old made in UK pairs. I'm wearing them now, and they've held up great.

Don't make them anymore like they used to.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

Got my Gripfast boots in today.
    Ordered on Friday morning and received on Tuesday, not bad for Seattle to New Mexico.
    Very nice looking boots.
    The burgandy rub off high gloss finish is beautiful in a hooligan kind of way.
    The fit is very close to Doc Martens and a UK11 fits my medium width US11.5 foot just about perfectly.
    I added my usual gel insoles and laced them up for a quick walk and they were pretty comfortable from the start with just a few places that need some break-in.
    The soles have some wicked tread and should wear good.
    I plan on using these as my general purpose boots and using the Dr.Martens Cappers as my "nice" boots.
    There's just something about lacing up a pair of UK industrial boots that feels right.

User Tag List