Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for an external perspective of Australia

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    "Dingo ate me baby" and "shrimp on the barby" that's all I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    The Australian experience with COVID measures has been instructive for all the wrong reasons. It is a wake up call for all of us.

I'm appalled, disgusted, and freaked-the-fuck out over Australia.

Mostly because in a country that has a foundation of western values, there is no conscionable reason to treat the citizenry like dog shit. With no exaggeration you guys have a tyrannical government that must be brought to heel. This is not supposed to happen.

I'm also concerned because I know there is a non trivial portion of our population that would support the measures observed in Australia. And a proportional number our soul-sucking political class is taking notes.

It is time to take stock of ourselves and our convictions.
    One has to remember that Australia is a federated collection of states not unlike the USA. Most of what you are seeing in the news is from the state governments, especially in Labour run People's Democratic Republics not unlike Michigan, New York State, and California.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Can you still get a new ute in Australia? My first car was a Ford Ranchero so I feel like I'm part Aussie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I always got along great with the Aussie .mil guys we worked with in Iraq and Afghanistan. As for the country.... It seems to me that it started as a penal colony and is trying it's best to turn back into one...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Are the videos I'm seeing on sites like IG true without other context or circumstance (people being arrested by teams of officers for not wearing masks, or homes being raided for family gatherings), true?
    Sorry for the late reply. Been 'interesting' times here to say the least.

Yes. What you're describing you're seeing is true. The MSM are painting a particular narrative and trying their best to cover up what's been happening. There are independent journalists showing 'the other side' of the story if you know where to look, and getting harassed in ways you'd expect to see in China for their effort. There's a balance somewhere in the middle (or actually - probably far more towards the independent media's side). Some independent journalists that have done live streams (hours on end) of certain events to try and remove any accusation of bias that they can. They have been interesting to watch - and then watch what the MSM says in the evening news.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    If you still feel this way, then please move here. We need all the help defending it that we can get.
    Okie John
    Honestly - I have been looking into options like this for a while. I've left my run way too late I fear. Unless we all get the Jab (which given my wife's previous serious and ongoing health issues due to previous medication already) isn't an option to us - our government will not allow us to leave this country. Additionally - we fall out of the qualifications for coming to America at the moment. It's not as easy as jumping on a plane with a passport and Visa anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    The Australian experience with COVID measures has been instructive for all the wrong reasons. It is a wake up call for all of us.

I'm appalled, disgusted, and freaked-the-fuck out over Australia.

Mostly because in a country that has a foundation of western values, there is no conscionable reason to treat the citizenry like dog shit. With no exaggeration you guys have a tyrannical government that must be brought to heel. This is not supposed to happen.

I'm also concerned because I know there is a non trivial portion of our population that would support the measures observed in Australia. And a proportional number our soul-sucking political class is taking notes.

It is time to take stock of ourselves and our convictions.
    Agreed. I don't think what's happening here is unplanned, nor local. I suspect we're a trial case for the rest of the West. What you guys may not be aware of is that our premier here in Victoria is trying to pass what I call the "Dictators bill". (He calls it the pandemic bill - but if you read it - it gives him dictatorship power - he could remain in power for ever with that bill - it gives him that much power!). Apparently according to him there's too many obstacles (you know - the things in constitutions to prevent tyranny or too much power falling to one person - he calls them "obstacles") and wants to be a single man that can rule without restriction. And... he still has his backers even now. I guess Starlin and Hitler did too, so I shouldn't be surprised. We're going to find out this week if he gets that through. I already have my suspicions. My personal conviction is that we're in the proverbial far deeper than most people here even realise.

If you want to know how bad it is in Australia here's a phrase I've been telling people lately that paints a picture, but I believe...

AUSTRALIA - WITH IT'S CONSERVATIVE (so called Right Wing) FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS IN A WORST SITUATION THAN AMERICA IS UNDER BIDEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One has to remember that Australia is a federated collection of states not unlike the USA. Most of what you are seeing in the news is from the state governments, especially in Labour run People's Democratic Republics not unlike Michigan, New York State, and California.
    Main news - absolutely. There's more truth on social media (if you know where to dig and who to trust) than there is the main stream media, for sure. I kid you not - the MSM is in full propaganda mode (and I don't say that lightly). Suppression, hiding facts, painting completely false narratives - if you watch it - you are watching very carefully crafted selected footage to a narrative - not a report on what's true. It's been like that for a while, but used to be 'spin'. Now it's complete fabrication - turning the story on it's head. I couldn't get most of what they say to be more of a lie if I tried.

They're building "quarantine camps" here still - even though they have said that there's no more need for quarantine for international arrivals. I sometimes wish I didn't know history... ignorance could be bliss at the moment!

If Wake in Fright had been a documentary, I'd immigrate in a heartbeat.

User Tag List