Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What about revolvers and red dot sights?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'll take those kinds of groups at 15yds offhand all day long, much less 25yds. It looks like the hammer is modified, are you running DA only? If so, well done!
    It's an Apex Mass Drive Hammer. It has the capability of single action but I only shoot double action.

What about snubs and red dot sights

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

This thread reminded me of my desire for a 986PC 5" with an optic. Damn you, P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Here’s a niche.

Were I a revolver manufacturer... I’d be looking to get dots on snub guns. But not the dots we know and love. I want a dot that is the result of too much drinking and poor family planning between an Aimpoint ACRO and a Leupold DeltaPoint Micro.

It needs to be offered from the firearm factory as a semi-permanent component. Battery changes obviously shouldn’t require removal. There rear of the optic should sweep up from the frame where the rear sight sits on a normal snobby and be maybe a 5/8” to 3/4” window. It can be squared or rounded. Don’t care. It will be a “tube” type sight so it will either travel the length of the top strap and angle forward to the bottom at the barrel to reduce snag - or - more preferably, it will go all the way to the end of the barrel with a slight taper and forward slant to ease holstering.

It’s gotta draw smooth and quick from a good pocket holster.

It will be fully enclosed to allow easy maintenance and it will add a snag-free increase of height but not width. Backup sights would be incorporated into the optic and bonus points for adjustability since ammo differences are a thing with snubbies. Backup sights could even be low profile on top of the optic which would be a huge win over obstruction to the optic window. Sight over bore and all that (maybe both— hmmm).

I love my old school revolvers. I have a square-butt 36, a 60, 640 .38, and a 3421PD. If they made a good version of this that was quality and didn’t have a lock I’d get one as the next generation backup gun. I’d put a CTC laser on the grip and feel very happy.

User Tag List