Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What about revolvers and red dot sights?

Reference the Weigand "WEIG-A-TINNY" rail, they are a solid setup.

I have used on for a while now on a 5" M29 .44 mag and it has never had any issues.

Edit to add that the Burris Fast fire has held up so far to the recoil.
    Last edited by Lost River; 09-03-2019 at 09:48 AM.

For the gun that I put hot loads through, I run an Ultradot, which have an outstanding reputation among handgun dedicated handgun hunters.

The gun below, which is a 7.5" Redhawk .44 is zeroed for 300 grain XTPs at 100 yards, and will shoot quite small groups. The ultradot has never given me a minute of trouble.

I only shot a few groups the day I was doing some load development, but here is the best of the ones I shot:

This was if I recall a shade over 100 yards.

couple more:

The point of showing the targets is that there is no way that I could shoot an average of 1.5"-2" groups at 100+ yards with open sights.
    The red dot makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    ... tempt fate by mounting an Aimpoint Micro onto a mount not rated for a Micro’s weight, even for shooting target wadcutters.
    Im not familiar with the mount, if it has screws, can they be bumped up to the next larger size? If that is the factory rear sight elevation screw that wouldnt be feasible, but adding another screw or two may. All are pretty simple for basic gunsmithing or even home hobby gunsmithing if one is careful and/or has a drill press with vise.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Im not familiar with the mount, if it has screws, can they be bumped up to the next larger size? If that is the factory rear sight elevation screw that wouldnt be feasible, but adding another screw or two may. All are pretty simple for basic gunsmithing or even home hobby gunsmithing if one is careful and/or has a drill press with vise.
    Thanks.

I am thinking that the slightly longer mount, that requires another hole or two, to be D&T’ed, would be better, if I want to use an Aimpoint Micro, on this Security Six. I’ll either wait for the ACRO, or try one of the miniaturized sights, on this Mini Weigand.

I could, of course, get a full-length Weigand rail, for an adjustable-sighted GP100; no gunsmithing required.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Drilling and tapping holes is relatively simple, but then Ive gone to rather complex lengths to make something look the way I like. I would like a mount that looks like its perfect for what I used it on with nothing extra sticking out anywhere. Mounting on the frame ahead of the rear sight or on the barrel would allow the rear sight to stay in place. its a curse. i cant leave much of anything alone or settle for things that dont suit my detail oriented eye.

If the mount you have is good other than not rated, id just drill more holes in the mount and frame to make it more secure, and use larger size screws.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-03-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Just saw that Apex has a k/l/n/x frame mount for the Acro P1. An aimpoint on k frame seems like a fun project for next year.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/193398

Plus, as slow as my revolver reloads are, I can just change batteries during the reload and it wouldn't make much difference in my time.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 10-04-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Just saw that Apex has a k/l/n/x frame mount for the Acro P1 aimpoint on k frame
    An RMR version might maybe endanger my pending 1301 purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    An RMR version might maybe endanger my pending 1301 purchase...
    While not apex, raptor has one for the rmr footprint...

https://www.raptor-eng.com/raptor_eng_003.htm
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    I have wanted a .357 N frame with an Aimpoint micro for sometime but optics on revolvers always reminds me of this....

Name:  E8F07800-FE5B-4E3B-A92B-99B9F544D5CD.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  50.4 KB

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have wanted a .357 N frame with an Aimpoint micro for sometime but optics on revolvers always reminds me of this....

Name:  E8F07800-FE5B-4E3B-A92B-99B9F544D5CD.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  50.4 KB
    You say that like it's a bad thing

User Tag List