Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about revolvers and red dot sights?

What about revolvers and red dot sights?

Regressing in time on one issue while striding fearlessly into the future on the other.

I've got a fair number of S&W revolvers with the adjustable sights and scope mounting holes already drilled into the top strap.

What is the cleanest mount for an RMR here?

I can dream of a dedicated design for revolvers but I suspect that's not going to happen.

I ran one on my competition revolver starting in around 1990 with an Aimpoint 3000 on a GP100 Slab barrel gun. It was phenomenal. I have a PC 627 right now that will be getting a red dot at some point. They work well and have none of the issues as the semi autos.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Regressing in time on one issue while striding fearlessly into the future on the other.

I've got a fair number of S&W revolvers with the adjustable sights and scope mounting holes already drilled into the top strap.

I can dream of a dedicated design for revolvers but I suspect that's not going to happen.
    Aimpoint used to have a stainless finish version of the T1/H1 called the R1 which I believe was intended for hunting revolvers. Aimpoint on an N frame is something I have wanted to do for years.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Aimpoint used to have a stainless finish version of the T1/H1 called the R1 which I believe was intended for hunting revolvers. Aimpoint on an N frame is something I have wanted to do for years.
    I got one when Midway ran a deal. They also have some specific mounts.

The problem is I only have one, I think another one would be great on a GP-100.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I like this one, but do not have:
    https://www.jackweigand.com/Smith-We...ini-Mount.html

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I've used the no d&t GP100 full rail and I'd have no problem using that S&W mount if I were looking to dot a Smith. In fact, I'm sort of thinking about getting the GP mount that only replaces the rear sight and trying something bigger than a Fastfire. I found the FF too small to acquire the dot quickly but that's a training and familiarity issue as much as it is an equipment issue.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Ive got a raptor engineering mount for a vortex viper I'll be mounting on a 617 later today. I'll post pics later once i get it put together. I plan on doing an open 627/327/929 or super gp100 later in the year.

I'm starting with budget dots on the 617 but will probably go dpp on the centerfire guns. I don't think durability will be as much of an issue since they're not reciprocating on a slide.

I got my ambition from the revolvers only rds project
    https://www.revolversonly.com/p/red-...ncept.html?m=1
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I find this mount from Trijicon works great:

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...3.php?pid=RM46

It mounts the RMR relatively low on the gun and is really solid. You can buy a cheaper BladeTech holster that has clearance for the optic to try the whole thing out.
    Real guns have hammers.

That looks like a perfect starting point, thanks.

User Tag List