Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Independence Day: 4th of July: What Are You Listening To?

Site Supporter
    Good stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I like Mandolin Orange. Gonna get me some.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    At the lake on dock at marina. We have a live country singer and pot luck dinner. We are blessed!
    Was that at the 'Blue Cat' (can't remember the real name of the restaurant) from Ozark?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Was that at the 'Blue Cat' (can't remember the real name of the restaurant) from Ozark?
    Allatoona Landing on Lake Allatoona which is NW of Atlanta. One of the boat owners has a friend who is a country singer - he played nonstop from 8 pm to midnight to a small group. He was very good!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Allatoona Landing on Lake Allatoona which is NW of Atlanta. One of the boat owners has a friend who is a country singer - he played nonstop from 8 pm to midnight to a small group. He was very good!
    I live in Woodstock. The marina/restaurant right by Red Top Mountain is used for filming the Netflix series Ozark.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Three of my favorites right there.
    My 7-year-old granddaughter loves BB King. When she was about 4 she would say "Paw-Paw, play Mr King!" and then dance to the blues.

I gave her an old cell phone that I have a bunch of classical music on - Eric Clapton, Marvin Gaye, Rimsky-Korsakov, Nat King Cole, Haydn, ZZ Top come to mind. It's also got Amazon Kindle on it so I can give her books.

I'm listening to 15u baseball played with wooden bats. Sounds great.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Yesterday morning it was my bandsaw, drill press and wood lathe as I turned 3 pens and a key chain for my 2 daughters in law, SiL and niece so I could hand them out at the family shindig in the afternoon. While I was getting everything ready to be cut and turned I fired up AC/DCs Bad Boy Boogie and for the next 4 hours I let Spotify choose the rest based on that starting point. #turningwithBonLemmyandBrianJohnson
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    We just finished 1776. I inflict it on the family annually.
    When we were first dating, my (not-yet) wife asked what my favorite musical was. I told her 1776.

On Independence Day this year, however, we were on an Alaska Cruise, in Skagway for the day. I walked into town (about half a mile from the docks) in time for the parade.

So I spend at least part of Independence Day listening to the Midnight Sun Pipe Band, from the Yukon Territory, first during the parade, and then later they followed me into the Red Onion Saloon when I went to have lunch.

I'll try to post the video I took later...
    Last edited by Drang; 07-09-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    When we were first dating, my (not-yet) wife asked what my favorite musical was. I told her 1776.

On Independence Day this year, however, we were on an Alaska Cruise, in Skagway for the day. I walked into town (about half a mile from the docks) in time for the parade.

So I spend at least part of Independence Day listening to the Midnight Sun Pipe Band, from the Yukon Territory, first during the parade, and then later they followed me into the Red Onion Saloon when I went to have lunch.

I'll try to post the video I took later...

Bagpipes? I'm so sorry you had to have your 4th ruined like that.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List