Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JJ Racaza joins Team Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    To clarify: does Beretta presently sell a 92 based gun that is DA/SA that can be carried "cocked and locked" with a 1911 style frame mounted safety?
    No. Very few were imported between the 92 Combat, Stock, Steel I, and Billenium models. I don't believe a frame mounted safety model has been offered in over a decade. These are rare pistols. For that reason alone I am interested in acquiring a 92X.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I must say, if the 92x is as as described above and had night sights, I think many would be most intrigued with a 92Tac:

1. 3.5 lb SA trigger
    2. sub 1300 pricing
    3. plentiful mags
    4. excellent reliability
    5. presumably very soft shooting
    6. night sights

what say you Beretta?
    The 92X appears most closely related to the Steel I, which had a steel Vertec style frame. Arguably the 92 Stock (which was produced with a standard aluminum frame) would be the better base gun for a "92Tac" (probably sans the barrel bushing).

I think much like how the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G demonstrated to Beretta that there was a market for updated 92 configurations, Beretta will watch 92X sales to see if additional frame mounted safety models are merited.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    No. Very few were imported between the 92 Combat, Stock, Steel I, and Billenium models. I don't believe a frame mounted safety model has been offered in over a decade. These are rare pistols. For that reason alone I am interested in acquiring a 92X.
    The Centennial was another offered several years back. Also rare and pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The Centennial was another offered several years back. Also rare and pricey.
    Oh, good pull. Always forget that one. About 500 imported. And produced in 2015.

Name:  92fscentennial_zoom002.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  43.7 KB

I'm sure someone shot one, but I imagine these largely sit in walnut presentation cases...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-11-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

JJ's comments are in English: (mostly Italian)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7clEztXz58

User Tag List