Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: JJ Racaza joins Team Beretta

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Retiring from military service was the best thing that ever happened to the 1911. Once that happens the nostalgia factor really kicks in and that's a good thing for any product. Perhaps we're seeing that with the 92. In a way, the military contracts hamstrung the development of the 92. Big government bought the design and wasn't really interested in any changes and upgrades were few and far between over the last 35 years. Now that Beretta doesn't have to devote the production line to so much military and LE output, they seem to be making an effort to get the attention of the commercial market.

    I'm not a competitor anymore, but I want one of those for my "ain't it cool" shelf.
    My impression has been that Beretta is actively trying to guide the 92 down the same path as the 1911, namely "the high-priced customizable experts' gun."

    I'm not gonna lie, the marketing worked on me.

  2. #12
    Member Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    S. Central Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    My impression has been that Beretta is actively trying to guide the 92 down the same path as the 1911, namely "the high-priced customizable experts' gun."

    I'm not gonna lie, the marketing worked on me.
    I jumped on the 92 bandwagon a bit before this whole Beretta renaissance thing happened. After I set up a few pistols just the way I liked them, folks like Wilson and Langdon start coming our with their products and Beretta starts jazzing up the old pizza blaster. My thought was, "Why couldn't you have done that a year ago and saved me the trouble?"
    Put your Big Boy pants on.

  3. #13
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Very cool to see Beretta signing someone like JJ.

    As for the 92 becoming the next 1911, it COULD happen, but the problem I foresee is finding a way to mount a red dot to it. Like, you know, for carry purposes, not Open Division. 1911/2011? No problem. 92? I hear Ernest is still working on that.

    Id like to see it happen, but Im not holding my breath.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    JJ shoots one Production match a year and this thing doesn't come in .40. I guess we'll see how Beretta slides hold up to 9 mm major soon enough.
    The Brig slide will hold up just fine. My buddy had a Steel 1 Open gun several years back.

  5. #15
    Member Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    S. Central Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Very cool to see Beretta signing someone like JJ.

    As for the 92 becoming the next 1911, it COULD happen, but the problem I foresee is finding a way to mount a red dot to it. Like, you know, for carry purposes, not Open Division. 1911/2011? No problem. 92? I hear Ernest is still working on that.

    Id like to see it happen, but Im not holding my breath.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think it will reach the level of the 1911. I didn't mention that as a direct comparison, more as an example of what drives certain interests. But, the nostalgia thing undoubtedly helps. Beretta finally updating the design certainly helps more.
    Put your Big Boy pants on.

  6. #16
    Member cor_man257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't think it will reach the level of the 1911. I didn't mention that as a direct comparison, more as an example of what drives certain interests. But, the nostalgia thing undoubtedly helps. Beretta finally updating the design certainly helps more.
    I agree that it won't fair as well as the 1911. The 1911 was made under contract by several different companies. Nothing stops any company from making a 1911 tomorrow.

    Only one company can make the M9. And so any innivation built upon it relies on Beretta. And to an extent on their quality level.

    -Cory

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I

    Only one company can make the M9....
    Taurus?

  8. #18
    Member cor_man257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Taurus?
    Last edited by cor_man257; 07-04-2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: GIF doesn't work

  9. #19
    Site Supporter Suvorov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Occupied Kalifornia - SF Bay Area.
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Some factory in Turkey? 😀

  10. #20
    Member Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    S. Central Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Taurus?
    Shit like that will get you banned! Save it for PFestivus.
    Put your Big Boy pants on.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •