Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: JJ Racaza joins Team Beretta

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Apparently Beretta will offer a SAO conversion kit for the 92X (as they did for the Steel I). I'm not quite sure what benefit losing the DA mode gets you, but if you want true SAO, it's an option.
    I hope that actually gets produced and marketed. I think it would help more people fall for the 92. I'm not sure the 92X is really for me. But the gun owner (as oppose to shooter) in me wants one just to have.

Beretta has a bit of a history with accessories and conversions that were suppose to be available but never come to fruition. Hope that doesn't happen here.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I hope that actually gets produced and marketed. I think it would help more people fall for the 92. I'm not sure the 92X is really for me. But the gun owner (as oppose to shooter) in me wants one just to have.

Beretta has a bit of a history with accessories and conversions that were suppose to be available but never come to fruition. Hope that doesn't happen here.

-Cory
    Considering these kits existed for the Steel I (which the 92X appears to be an updated version of) I expect they'll actually appear.

I'm still not sure exactly what the benefit of the SAO kit is though.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    We will be offering an SAO kit. That is guaranteed. Timeframe however will be a while.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Considering these kits existed for the Steel I (which the 92X appears to be an updated version of) I expect they'll actually appear.

A lot of people hate DA / SA.

Open builds. Limited too if they offer a .40 chambering.

I'm operating on the assumption that removing the DA capability simplifies the trigger mechanism and allows for a better trigger.

e: Or some non-gamer purpose, idk. Every time something is marketed as a competition model I tend to assume that only gamers will buy it, which is obviously not the case.
    Last edited by perlslacker; 07-09-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I'm operating on the assumption that removing the DA capability simplifies the trigger mechanism and allows for a better trigger.
    Agreed, that is probably the most likely benefit. Of course, looking at the rarity of 92 pistols with the frame mounted safety (between the 92/96 Stock, Combat, Steel and Billennium models there are reportedly less than 2000 imported pistols total, with more than half Billennium models), it is almost impossible to find comparative reviews of the SAO vs. DA/SA triggers.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm cool with it being capable of DA, as long as it can be safely carried cocked and locked. That should also give it second strike capability like a P30 safety model or LEM if I'm understanding correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm cool with it being capable of DA, as long as it can be safely carried cocked and locked. That should also give it second strike capability like a P30 safety model or LEM if I'm understanding correctly.
    The point of the 92X is that it’s a pure sport shooting gun. Not something you’d necessarily carry concealed or on duty. If I were carrying some variation of 92, it’d be a 92G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    To clarify: does Beretta presently sell a 92 based gun that is DA/SA that can be carried "cocked and locked" with a 1911 style frame mounted safety?

I must say, if the 92x is as as described above and had night sights, I think many would be most intrigued with a 92Tac:

1. 3.5 lb SA trigger
    2. sub 1300 pricing
    3. plentiful mags
    4. excellent reliability
    5. presumably very soft shooting
    6. night sights

what say you Beretta?

User Tag List