Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like Night Fision sights quite a bit. My only complaint is they hit about 4" high at 25 yds if you use a center hold.
    https://www.nightfision.com/product/...hts-for-cz-usa

P10C mags work perfectly, but they have a slightly thicker baseplate so you will probably want to carry the OEM mags for best concealment.
    https://www.themagshack.com/shop/cz-...ound-magazine/
    Okay thanks.

Is it true CZ discontinued P07 specific mags and just went with the P10c mag for both guns? I couldn't find any info on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Okay thanks.

Is it true CZ discontinued P07 specific mags and just went with the P10c mag for both guns? I couldn't find any info on their web site.
    That looks like it may be the case. CGW lists them as the same item. That's kind of a bummer. I wonder if someone makes slim, flush P-07 baseplates for these mags? I'll talk to my buds at Springer.
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/11...ound-magazine/
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Any ideas for a quick ship holster for the P-07?

I am trying to take a class August 10th, and want a OWB holster for it.

Picked up another P-07 (going back to it for my main gun because of shootability and increased safety of DA/SA), but it will take a bit for the ALS holster to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Any ideas for a quick ship holster for the P-07?

I am trying to take a class August 10th, and want a OWB holster for it.

Picked up another P-07 (going back to it for my main gun because of shootability and increased safety of DA/SA), but it will take a bit for the ALS holster to get here.
    Amazon: Comp-Tac International - P-07/-09
    David S.

I think you made a great choice with the P07. I do not own a PX4, but I fired a full size a couple years ago. I did not get enough time with it to really get a feel for it. I think they are solid guns though. I finally came across a used PX4 Compact 9 at my LGS. Handled it some and the trigger being stock, was pretty dang good. However, I am sticking with the P07. I get my CZ handguns through the LE/MIL program for a great price. Then I only add a few CGW parts, so my total cost is not much at all. Adding up the parts I would have added to the PX4 Compact would have been much more.

One thing I do like about the Beretta PX4 line is you can get the majority of parts for it from Beretta. I really like that about Beretta in general. Now that you will have a P07 you should check out the P09. I have 2 and they are just amazing. Recoil impulse is very soft and flat!

For sights I run the stock CZ night sights on my P07 and P09s. However, I agree that Night Fision is an excellent option. I know you said you are taking a class soon. The P07 really smooths out with rounds, so get some dry fire in. Be sure to use snap caps or an oring in fromt of the hammer. The stock firing pin retaining pin gets damaged with dry fire without taking these measures.

My carry CZ P07:

My P09 on far right. I now have an OD green one as well:
    Last edited by claymore504; 07-15-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Here’s a post on how to break in and lubricate a P-07 to significantly improve the trigger. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post744301

Additionally:
    -Apply some Lucas marine grease (or Lucas Extreme Gun grease) to the sear & hammer surfaces, and blow in with canned air. This alone can make a huge difference.

-The smoothness of the SA pull depends in part on fitting and lubrication of the sear spring. A bit of grease helps a lot. Also make sure the open end of the spring is facing left when looking from the muzzle end of the gun. Put a tiny dab of grease in the sear spring hole. This smooths the SA pull. You do not have to disassemble the lower to do this. You can see the spring and the hole when the slide is removed. Put some grease in there and blow it in with canned air.

And, I like Tractiongrips rubber decal overlays a whole lot. Mine have stayed on for 2 years of sweat, rain, and hard use. $10 on Amazon. Hard to beat that.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01312ZRJ2/
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.

@Clusterfrack,

You convinced me. I now own a P07 and a P09. I’m going to give them a chance, maybe in a year or so I’ll post up a comparison of the PX4 compact and full-size vs these two CZ’s

I’m starting out with some steady dry firing and lube on the P07 to get the trigger break in under way.

Glad to hear it @Jared. Don’t forget to use an earplug or O-ring to protect the FP pin during dryfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Glad to hear it @Jared. Don’t forget to use an earplug or O-ring to protect the FP pin during dryfire.
    Been using half of a green foam plug for now. Probably gonna go to the auto parts store for the more elegant o-ring solution this weekend

Some years back when I bought my CZ75B, they included a pack of small rubber inserts for dry firing with the pistol. I guess they don't anymore?

User Tag List