Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

I'm looking at these two and haven't been able to find a good in depth comparison between the two...anyone already posted anything here?
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-03-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'm looking at these two and haven't been able to find a good in depth comparison between the two...anyone already posted anything here?
    These are two that you absolutely have to shoot for yourself. The p07 enjoys a much larger aftermarket and holster selection than the px4.

I own a px4cc with LTT Trigger job and a CGW P07. I lean very slightly towards the p07.

I spent last year with the PX4 Compact based on all the love that it was getting around here.

I moved to the P-09 (full size version of the compact P-07) this year because I wanted polymer, DA/SA and a red dot.

I suppose everything I'll say is subjective, but here it goes.

-The trigger is my biggest complaint about the CZ. I've been spoiled by classic SIGs and LTT Beretta triggers. The PX4 trigger with the LTT TJIAB is superior to the P-09 with the Cajun Pro Kit. IMO, it's no contest.
    -The PX4 rounded corners probably make it conceal slightly better, tho I'm not having a problem with the CZ.
    -The P-09 (and I assume the P-07) fits me XL hands better. The PX4C is good, but the CZ really works well for me.
    -The P-09 doesn't require an adapter plate for RDS. LTT is using a modified Glock MOS plate, IIRC.
    -I like having a compact and full size gun option (P-09 and some of the metal CZ's) that are suitable for Carry Optics.

I think they're both good choices. The CZ just fits me better.

ETA: I just watched the video above. I agree with his comments, tho a stock CZ vs tuned Beretta isn't apples to apples. The stacking and grit that he mentions towards the end of the video is reduced by the Cajun Pro Grade kit, but not eliminated, at least in my two examples. If I had it to do over again, I'd have Cajun do the install because apparently polish the internals while they've got it apart.

ETA2: He mentions a first generation of the P-07. The are easily identifiable. The first gen says "DUTY" on the forward slide whereas the second gen has forward cocking serrations. Everything I've read indicates that the 2nd gen upgrades are worth having.
    Last edited by David S.; 07-03-2019 at 10:55 PM.
    David S.

Trigger “perfection” isn’t as important as many other aspects of a gun. When pulled at speed, what effect is there in a slight lack of smoothness?

My modded Shadow2s have about as perfect as a DA/SA trigger as can be. While actually shooting, I really can’t notice much difference compared to my P-07s.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Triggers aside, what do you think about other characteristics like muzzle flip, accuracy, ergonomics, location of controls...etc

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I spent last year with the PX4 Compact based on all the love that it was getting around here.

I moved to the P-09 (full size version of the compact P-07) this year because I wanted polymer, DA/SA and a red dot.

I suppose everything I'll say is subjective, but here it goes.

-The trigger is my biggest complaint about the CZ. I've been spoiled by classic SIGs and LTT Beretta triggers. The PX4 trigger with the LTT TJIAB is superior to the P-09 with the Cajun Pro Kit. IMO, it's no contest.
    -The PX4 rounded corners probably make it conceal slightly better, tho I'm not having a problem with the CZ.
    -The P-09 (and I assume the P-07) fits me XL hands better. The PX4C is good, but the CZ really works well for me.
    -The P-09 doesn't require an adapter plate for RDS. LTT is using a modified Glock MOS plate, IIRC.
    -I like having a compact and full size gun option (P-09 and some of the metal CZ's) that are suitable for Carry Optics.

I think they're both good choices. The CZ just fits me better.

ETA: I just watched the video above. I agree with his comments, tho a stock CZ vs tuned Beretta isn't apples to apples. The stacking and grit that he mentions towards the end of the video is reduced by the Cajun Pro Grade kit, but not eliminated, at least in my two examples. If I had it to do over again, I'd have Cajun do the install because apparently polish the internals while they've got it apart.

ETA2: He mentions a first generation of the P-07. The are easily identifiable. The first gen says "DUTY" on the forward slide whereas the second gen has forward cocking serrations. Everything I've read indicates that the 2nd gen upgrades are worth having.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Triggers aside, what do you think about other characteristics like muzzle flip, accuracy, ergonomics, location of controls...etc
    I’ve has two of the 9mm PX4 compacts - one I “langdonized” myself and one factory LTT. both were ok.

Triggers were decent with the LTT being better of the two. The muzzle flip / recoil impulse with the rotating barrel helps keep the gun flat. That said I have XXL hands and even with the L back strap the grip is too small and two short for me to shoot it as well as I would like at speed. I was pushing shots laterally in a way I don’t see with Beretta 92s or P228/229.

The LTT ran 100% I just had other priorities.

Site Supporter
    The P-07 In its stock form works fine for me. The controls are easy to use, the trigger is good enough but also gives the added benefit of DA safety, and you can get an ALS holster for it.

I have a Gen 2 P07 with a spring kit and had a stock PX4 Compact. I was able to get all my fingers on the P07 grip but not on the PX4. I didn’t care for the tiny decock levers on the PX4. I found that I could run various drills that required speed, accuracy, and manipulation better with the P07 whereas drills that were purely accuracy based they were equal in my hands.

I traded the PX4 for a P250c combo 40 and 22 kit.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I had both at one time. What shocked me is when I put them side by side they were almost exactly the same size! They are both nice, I kept the P07.

User Tag List