Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I've had both and find the CZ controls easier to use with my smedium-ish hands. I can't really think of a reason why I parted with the CZ though. Probably got a case of wantsies for something else and the 07 got the best trade in offer from the LGS I haunt.
    The P-07 is the only gun more boring to me than a Glock. However, it works well and is both safe and easy to shoot. Plus they seem to b extremely reliable.

I would like to see CZ do a full line of their take on a DAO trigger in a P-07 type gun, as well a single stack smaller P-07.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I would like to see CZ do ... a single stack smaller P-07.
    I would seriously consider parting with one of my "never ever gonna sell, uh-uh, no way!" firearms for that...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Good question. If this is for a range gun, it doesn't really matter. Get what you like best, and what you can afford. But if its for a carry gun, you probably want one with a decocker. Here are the options, and they're all good guns.

CZ 75 Compact: steel frame, 32oz, on the heavy side for a CCW.
    CZ P-01: Aluminum frame, 28 oz.
    CZ 75 PCR: Aluminum frame, 27 oz. Very popular CCW option.
    P-07: Polymer frame, 27 oz.

I prefer the P-07 for multiple reasons: 1) simpler, more modern action. 2) replaceable steel inserts in polymer frame should in theory be more durable than an aluminum frame. 3) ergonomically superior IMO, 4) better action out-of-the-box (but requires break-in and lube job to achieve), 5) uses relatively inexpensive P-10c mags. 6) less expensive.

However, @cheby carries a P-01 with a CZC action job and it's really nice. Also, for no good reason I have a hard-on for the subcompact Rami.

If the used gun has had any gunsmithing done on it, I would avoid it. People do some seriously retarded things to CZs to try to make the action "better".

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    [MENTION=1481] @Clusterfrack, if I decide to try the CZ world again, what do you recommend between these options: one is a used 75Bthats been sitting at a lye long enough I could probably get a good deal on it, the other option would be the P07. The used 75B is in great shape, I’d guess 100 rounds tops through it. Get both is probably not realistic right now. As I stated above, my gripe with the Shadow 2 was the weight. I want something lighter if I try this again
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-05-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good question. If this is for a range gun, it doesn't really matter. Get what you like best, and what you can afford. But if its for a carry gun, you probably want one with a decocker. Here are the options, and they're all good guns.

CZ 75 Compact: steel frame, 32oz, on the heavy side for a CCW.
    CZ P-01: Aluminum frame, 28 oz.
    CZ 75 PCR: Aluminum frame, 27 oz. Very popular CCW option.
    P-07: Polymer frame, 27 oz.

I prefer the P-07 for multiple reasons: 1) simpler, more modern action. 2) replaceable steel inserts in polymer frame should in theory be more durable than an aluminum frame. 3) ergonomically superior IMO, 4) better action out-of-the-box (but requires break-in and lube job to achieve), 5) uses relatively inexpensive P-10c mags. 6) less expensive.

However, @cheby carries a P-01 with a CZC action job and it's really nice. Also, for no good reason I have a hard-on for the subcompact Rami.

If the used gun has had any gunsmithing done on it, I would avoid it. People do some seriously retarded things to CZs to try to make the action "better".

Hope this helps.
    Very helpful, thank you. The used 75B hasn’t been gunsmithed that I can discern. It seems like a dude bought it, shot a box or two, decided it wasn’t for him and traded it in.

The decocker setup overall makes me lean to the P07 in general. That and some of the other modern refinements.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Cecil did you carry a P2000 at one time? Could you compare it to the PX4 and P07 if you did?
    Yes, I ran a P2000 for about two years prior to the CZ.

Hmm. It conceals like the CZ, and the factory sights are comparable to the Beretta. I ran the standard LEM trigger so I don’t want to compare the triggers since it’s a bit apples and oranges. For accuracy and control and ergonomics, I’d say it was not as ergonomic as the CZ and way less than the PX4, but still it was solid, accuracy on par with the Beretta, and the recoil impulse felt like the CZ (that was one thing I left out of the prior post - the PX4 is hands down the flattest shooting gun I have ever shot, by a wide margin. It’s weird how true that is)

Overall, between the three, my carry choice timeline should tell you what I think, but I would have exactly zero issues with running any of them if I was forced to. All three are great choices.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

The P-07 is mechanically simple, and detail stripping is easier than any other TDA I've worked on. It really is the Glock 19 of TDAs.

It functions well while contaminated with dirt, dust, sand, and crud. I was concerned that reliability in the field wouldn't be as good as a Glock, but so far so good.

100% agreed. It’s as simple as that kind of mechanism can get. That was a strong factor when I originally went to it
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I had few more thoughts today about why I like the P-07 so much.

The P-07 is mechanically simple, and detail stripping is easier than any other TDA I've worked on. It really is the Glock 19 of TDAs.
    Since you've done some detail disassembly, would you explain how (mechanically) the decocker works internally?

Anyone carrying the P07 appendix? I love the PX4, but find it a tad too chunky to carry appendix. I can pull it off, but a Glock is far more comfortable and concealable. Stats-wise, the P07 is about the same width as the PX4, so I'm wondering how it compares.

CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Anyone carrying the P07 appendix? I love the PX4, but find it a tad too chunky to carry appendix. I can pull it off, but a Glock is far more comfortable and concealable. Stats-wise, the P07 is about the same width as the PX4, so I'm wondering how it compares.
    It carries great. I’ve taken 14 mile hikes over rugged terrain with it AIWB. It carries like a G19.

JMCK AIWB 2.5.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-05-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I should know this, but what belt is shown in the photo of the P07 carried AIWB?

User Tag List