Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 - Beretta PX4 Compact Comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Another is barrel length. For it's size, the barrel on the PX4 seems quite short at 3.2" vs the CZ at 3.75 while both are close in height.
    While other's have disagreed, I still believe they are marketed for different uses.

The Beretta barrel is so sort because it is designed as a concealment gun and not a duty gun. Conversely, the CZ P07 was originally named the CZ P07 "Duty".

Put them side by side and the slide are almost identical size wise. The P07 as about a 1/2” from its beavertail.

I've had 2 CZ P-07s for a few years and I think you have to shoot them to appreciate them. They don't wow you when fiddling with them and slowly dry firing them.

Another option that gets overlooked is the Sig SP 2022, These work better for those with small to medium hands but the triggers are better than the CZs and probably rival the Beretta.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I have two Langdon PX4 compacts, and have/had several full size in 9 and 40. I probably still have a half dozen P07 pistols, in stock and Cajun trim, from when I was competing with a P09.

I think both types are very good. The main drawbacks to the PX4 C for me, are the very short barrel length for its size, and no easy optics capability. I think CZ has made a major commitment to the P10 series in polymer, and that is where their effort is. This is reflected in mods that improved the P10C, introduction of different size P10 models, and optics ready capability.

From a value and capability perspective, an optics ready P10, in F/C/S trim, for just over $500 with excellent sights, excellent texture and a very shootable trigger is hard to beat.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have two Langdon PX4 compacts, and have/had several full size in 9 and 40. I probably still have a half dozen P07 pistols, in stock and Cajun trim, from when I was competing with a P09.

I think both types are very good. The main drawbacks to the PX4 C for me, are the very short barrel length for its size, and no easy optics capability. I think CZ has made a major commitment to the P10 series in polymer, and that is where their effort is. This is reflected in mods that improved the P10C, introduction of different size P10 models, and optics ready capability.

From a value and capability perspective, an optics ready P10, in F/C/S trim, for just over $500 with excellent sights, excellent texture and a very shootable trigger is hard to beat.
    Only problem I have with the P10 is it's a striker gun instead of a DA/SA hammer gun, which is what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've had 2 CZ P-07s for a few years and I think you have to shoot them to appreciate them. They don't wow you when fiddling with them and slowly dry firing them.

Another option that gets overlooked is the Sig SP 2022, These work better for those with small to medium hands but the triggers are better than the CZs and probably rival the Beretta.
    I agree on this. My hunting rifle is a CZ 550 purchased back in '03. Never even heard of one before then and it is a shooter! I also owned a 75B /.40 and it was very accurate.

I had few more thoughts today about why I like the P-07 so much.

The P-07 is mechanically simple, and detail stripping is easier than any other TDA I've worked on. It really is the Glock 19 of TDAs.

It functions well while contaminated with dirt, dust, sand, and crud. I was concerned that reliability in the field wouldn't be as good as a Glock, but so far so good.

It's hard to know whether this is just my familiarity with CZs, but I shoot the P-07 measurably better than any other carry gun I've tried. For example, today the slide stop on my practice Shadow2 finally broke (after >35000 rounds). I had a spare SS, but that turned out to be the wrong part, so I shot my ProGrade P-07 the rest of the time. My times and scores on the drills I set up weren’t that different from when I shot them with my S2. It gives me confidence to shoot that close to my competition level with my carry gun.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

There's one hanging out unloved at the LGS for something around 400 bucks. The .40 caliber 2340 my brother has is a very accurate pistol and I'd agree that the trigger is as good as or better than any Beretta I've fired.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

@Redhat, I don’t mean to hijack your thread but I’d rather just add a question here than start another thread, so forgive me.

@Clusterfrack, if I decide to try the CZ world again, what do you recommend between these options: one is a used 75Bthats been sitting at a lye long enough I could probably get a good deal on it, the other option would be the P07. The used 75B is in great shape, I’d guess 100 rounds tops through it. Get both is probably not realistic right now. As I stated above, my gripe with the Shadow 2 was the weight. I want something lighter if I try this again

I've had both and find the CZ controls easier to use with my smedium-ish hands. I can't really think of a reason why I parted with the CZ though. Probably got a case of wantsies for something else and the 07 got the best trade in offer from the LGS I haunt.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List