Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Carbine LVPO

RFI: Carbine LVPO

Looking for a little input on a LVPO for a new carbine - 16" 5.56.

Thanks

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-dinosaur-quot

^^^Just the most recent thread on the topic.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I haven't used this particular variation but I like the feature set. The VX-R Patrol is a pretty decent scope for the money but I don't like the uncapped turrets. I don't think those belong on a scope that's really not meant to be used beyond 300 or 400 yards.

Interesting to see the manual brightness knob rather than the standard push button adjustment built into the battery cap. I knew capped turrets was an option (come standard on the regular VX-R I believe) but had no idea a knob was possible for brightness adjustment.

Leupold needs to make a version of this a standard catalog item. Ditch the bright gold ring around the objective end and it would be about perfect.

https://thunderranchinc.com/product/...n-rifle-optic/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

While discussing this, I'd offer that the less expensive ($600) options from Meopta are out there now. Specs, except for low light transmission are close to their higher end offerings.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Meopta-Opt...pe-653550.aspx
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Thanks
    Price range? SFP or FFP?
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Price range? SFP or FFP?
    Not really sure what I need, thinking I would go with a SFP since I will either be running it on 1x or all the way up.

Looking to spend under 1k, I heard the Steiner Px4i are supposed to be pretty good for getting your feet wet.

Thanks
    Since you didn’t place limits on cost... I’ll recommend my go-to favorite. The Swarovski Z6i. I love the 1-6 and they now offer a 1-8. It’s one of a very few LPV’s with a truly daytime bright dot (though many claim to have one). I don’t baby my gear and the Z6i takes a beating while still being on the lighter side. Glass quality is in the “holy shit that’s amazing” category.

Second choice would be the Vortex Razor HD. Also daytime bright but heavier. That and true 1x were non-negotiable requirements for me since it would spend most of its time on 1x. FWIW this is the LPV that seems to have replaced the S&B Short Dot on JSOC rifles.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-11-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Not really sure what I need, thinking I would go with a SFP since I will either be running it on 1x or all the way up.

Looking to spend under 1k, I heard the Steiner Px4i are supposed to be pretty good for getting your feet wet.
    I've heard good things of that Steiner but we haven't carried them for years, IMO at $1k you're near the price of a Razor Gen II 1-6 which is one of the best LPVO's IMO
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Thanks
    Also, what’s the purpose? While my Z6i is my do everything, if I could only have one, end of the world, wish I could use it on duty scope...

Not all my rifles need to be at such a high standard.

Primary Arms (was $173 on Black Friday)

Vortex Strike Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Also, what’s the purpose? While my Z6i is my do everything, if I could only have one, end of the world, wish I could use it on duty scope...

Not all my rifles need to be at such a high standard.

Primary Arms (was $173 on Black Friday)

Vortex Strike Eagle
    Basically just throwing it on the AR, not a duty gun or anything, doubtful I'll have it around for a HD gun either.

Need something solid that I don't need to worry about getting knocked around a bit in a class but I don't need to have something I can throw off a bridge, pound nails and then depend my life on it. If I end up going to a lot of classes and getting skilled up I might go for something beefier down the road.

User Tag List