Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did all the P30L's go?

Where did all the P30L's go?

Got a wild hair up my nose and decided to shop around for a P30L in 9mm. Can't find them anymore!

There's 3 or 4 on gunbroker, a bunch of 40 S&W's but can't find any new. The standard P30's are still fairly easy to find (there's even some on CDNN).

Did HK stop making them, or...?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I believe HK only imports them a few times a year so when they're gone they're gone until the next import. Though I'm not sure which models are being made in their USA plant, or how often or if it's even rolling, as I haven't heard much about it since the announcement to open it.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Got a wild hair up my nose and decided to shop around for a P30L in 9mm. Can't find them anymore!

There's 3 or 4 on gunbroker, a bunch of 40 S&W's but can't find any new. The standard P30's are still fairly easy to find (there's even some on CDNN).

No, my understanding is, that HK, like other makers makes pistols in batches, and then ships them out. Right now HK has some military contracts they're working on (so I've been told) and production of P-30's in general has slowed considerably as a result.. Keep your eyes open, sooner or later one will pop up..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    No, my understanding is, that HK, like other makers makes pistols in batches, and then ships them out. Right now HK has some military contracts they're working on (so I've been told) and production of P-30's in general has slowed considerably as a result.. Keep your eyes open, sooner or later one will pop up..
    I've had two dealers tell me the same thing, (Mil contracts).
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 05-13-2019 at 10:03 AM.

you'll find the same and similar questions and discussions on HKPro. As was mentioned, basically it's batch production, they're busy with other things, you suck, and they hate you.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone heard anything either way on plans (or lack thereof) to expand the VP9 button release to the P30 line? For whatever reason, the longer HK paddles cause me to drop mags during recoil, which I’ve heard is an embarrassing way to get kilt in da streetz...

Just a couple days ago I got a "back in stock" email from grabagun for a P30L V1. The next day when I checked they were sold out already. So they do happen.

I was also looking for one a few weeks ago. LGS had lots of P30's but no LS.

Lost a sale, I'm not waiting around for who knows how long and fight the crowds for an opportunity to buy one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?36578-GGI-P30L

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone heard anything either way on plans (or lack thereof) to expand the VP9 button release to the P30 line? For whatever reason, the longer HK paddles cause me to drop mags during recoil, which I’ve heard is an embarrassing way to get kilt in da streetz...
    It turns out the paddles are made of plastic. They are really easy to reshape and make smaller so you're less likely to tag them unintentionally. Don't even have to reblue them when you're done. You can even do it on your kitchen table if it makes you feel better.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List