Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RFI - Multidayhigh round count classes - hand protection

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I changed my schedule around due to likely adopting a dog this weekend and wanting to be home for that, so will be doing the 2500 round class later this year. My 92 callous is in full effect by now and I think I’m gonna be ok with that and new skin if needed, but the calloused area is the only place my 92s seem to abrade me at all.
    Well, now you have the opportunity to shoot a case in a day just for fun, and evaluate from there. Mostly seriously, that is the sort of thing I would talk myself into doing.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Well, now you have the opportunity to shoot a case in a day just for fun, and evaluate from there. Mostly seriously, that is the sort of thing I would talk myself into doing.
    That’s possible, provided I keep good concentration and focus; else I’ll do a few 500 round days in a row in my own and see how that goes. I’ve already come close over some 3 day stretches and been fine. I think I’ll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Known wear-points on the digits should be taped in advance of the skin being significantly damaged or a blister being formed. .
    That, and I started using this stuff https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I don’t want to use gloves either.
    Before everybody got operator AF, we used to wear football receiver gloves. They're very thin, but it still took me a while to get used to the trigger with gloves on. Eventually I could shoot with or without and not notice a difference.

What kills me now isn't recoil, it's the DA trigger and decocking. My hands are a jacked up a bit from injuries and age, though.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    That’s possible, provided I keep good concentration and focus; else I’ll do a few 500 round days in a row in my own and see how that goes. I’ve already come close over some 3 day stretches and been fine. I think I’ll be ok.
    All jokes aside, you may be shooting excessively. 500 rd days and 2500 rd classes invite repetitive type injuries to wrist and elbows specifically and perhaps to the shoulder. When I was much younger and shooting more, I had to use a wrist weight on my dominant hand to reduce felt recoil. There used to be some shock absorber wrist gismo's containing a liquid, and some used these. When still a teen, I developed a palm callous from extensive handgun shooting.

Site Supporter
    I changed my schedule around due to likely adopting a dog this weekend and wanting to be home for that, so will be doing the 2500 round class later this year. My 92 callous is in full effect by now and I think I’m gonna be ok with that and new skin if needed, but the calloused area is the only place my 92s seem to abrade me at all.
    Willie is a good name for a dog, male or female. No charge, either.

User Tag List