Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Modern manufacturing has made it almost impossible to spot a fake Rolex

a local dealer has good prices on some co-ax Aqua Terras and they tempt me every day

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    a local dealer has good prices on some co-ax Aqua Terras and they tempt me every day
    Succumb!

Name:  IMG_3259.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  27.2 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Great watches, my wife has one. I wanted an AT GMT, then my dealer lost the line.

The current Rolex strategy is baffling, but they make money so I’ve stopped trying to figure it out.

WTF would it take for Rolex to bring back the 1016? The current Explorers are a blinged-out travesty compared to that one.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    WTF would it take for Rolex to bring back the 1016? The current Explorers are a blinged-out travesty compared to that one.

Okie John
    Odd

I have a mkii Dial 214270 and find it’s the Rolex people notice the least.

Is it an aged Matte dial with painted markers in dull tritium? No. But I don’t think bling covers it either

About a reissue of sorts - I’d bet never.
    Last edited by Duke; 07-05-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    Not a 1016, but close enough?

It's the modern version at 39mm.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

My only automatic...

Name:  Scan_017.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  93.8 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My only automatic...

Name:  Scan_017.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  93.8 KB
    Really nice!

I just got the modernized version:

^^^^Very nice, T. Some beautiful watches here. My uncle, (father's brother), was a watch connoisseur and had quite a collection for many years. He eventually sold pretty much all of them as far as I know.

I bought my Omega in the spring of 2003 as a gift to myself when I decided that I was going to buy a home in NC and pull the plug on the job at year's end. (The only other decent watches I own are Concord and Tag Heuer but they run on batteries.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List