Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 2019 catalog

Springfield 2019 catalog

Over the weekend, my wife picked up the 2019 Springfield Armory catalog. It is flat out the most attractive gun promo piece I have seen — near coffee table book quality. They must have spent a lot on this and it shows. Grab one if you can!

Here is the cover:

Name:  CB0948E5-964C-4A13-A64F-CD4AE2D7E85A.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  68.9 KB

And just a few of the many awesome photos inside:

Name:  BEC92D36-A91E-4E97-8420-EF287F7F4FA7.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  88796F32-158E-401A-82A4-5D69C9E3D4E9.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  97.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Very cool!!! I need this.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Wow, that is indeed snazzy. I’ve been looking pretty hard at a Range Officer Operator lately too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta pick up that catalog! Thanks GJM!

First thought on the cover: Several years ago, my wife and I went on a sea/land tour of Alaska. One of the optional trips was to go on a fly fishing fly-out for an afternoon, which I did while she shopped. As I worked upstream a bit from the other 3-4 anglers on the trip, the guide hustled up and said "We'll not go any further up around that bend." I looked upstream ("the grass is greener . . .") and, being the good Southern boy I am, asked "How come?" He said "We saw a bear up there this morning." Which was a reminder of my initial hesitation not to go on a trip where they didn't allow any firearms. Or knives, apparently. As we re-entered to ship, and emptied our pockets into the little pans to go through the security screener, one of the checkers about had a minor stroke when he saw my small, single-blade folder. He said knives weren't allowed on board. I politely suggested that the blade was quite a bit smaller than those on the souvenir ulu knives that they were allowing people to bring on board. He reluctantly let me keep it, asking that I leave it in my suitcase for the rest of the ship's tour.

Any my second thought: Why has that angler not already tossed the fly rod and gotten a good two-handed grip on that pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Gotta pick up that catalog! Thanks GJM!

Any my second thought: Why has that angler not already tossed the fly rod and gotten a good two-handed grip on that pistol?
    Because that rod and reel combination probably cost more than my first car, and then we wouldn’t know he was fishing!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A 1911 and a 1965 GTO, lots of similarities.

Both need a little more maintenance than the modern stuff. Brings back memories of point ignitions and carburetors
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Good looking photography.

What happens if the bear charges and you manage to spine it? Does it drop instantly or does momentum allow the bear to knock you down where you become pinned under the water and drown?
    Last edited by Old Man Winter; 07-08-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Because that rod and reel combination probably cost more than my first car, and then we wouldn’t know he was fishing!
    Good points! My fly fishing started out with really cheap equipment, and at early 1960s prices. And my first car was a well-used 1960 Beetle, which truly cost a fraction of one of today's moderate-priced outfits, never mind the top end stuff.

Interesting trivia, for those unfamiliar with some of the top tier fly reel makers, the quality of machining and finishing work they do is right up there with that of custom smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    A 1911 and a 1965 GTO, lots of similarities.

Both need a little more maintenance than the modern stuff. Brings back memories of point ignitions and carburetors
    Still have my dwell meter and timing light! And my Uni-Syn.

Nice. Have to grab one.

Site Supporter
    The quality of the photos reminds me of the Benelli catalog from around the time the Ethos was introduced (2013). It had an Ethos, a fancy fast motorcycle, and an extremely attractive female violin player on the cover.

I wanted to be the long-haired salt and pepper duck hunter pictured in the Super Vinci section. My wife wanted the same thing.

User Tag List