Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

And the firearms world has almost gone full circle.

In the past manufactures move into pistols with polymer frames for weight savings.

Currently manufacturers now adding metal to polymer to add weight.

Future development, manufacturers will produce metal framed striker fire pistols.

Could of saved a lot of time and money and just built metal striker guns from the get go.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-10-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have heard Sig plans to sell just the Tungsten infused grip module in the future. The modularity of the 320 is very attractive.
    I hope so. I have signed up for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

In the past manufactures move into pistols with polymer frames for weight savings.

Future development, manufacturers will produce metal framed striker fire pistols.

Could of saved a lot of time and money and just built metal striker guns from the get go.

TXPO
    The future is actually last January (and probably a major driver for this):
    https://www.waltherarms.com/wp-conte..._17DEC18-1.jpg
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 07-10-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amyacker View Post
    Does 320 has the option of using kits to change the caliber??
    Not sure if you can do much with an X5. The slide and barrel length are unique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

TXPO
    Wasn’t the Hudson a metal framed striker ?

Arguably the best shooter in the world today, told me he found the steel frame Walther to be a poor design for a red dot. He would rather shoot the polymer Q5 as the Walther execution of a steel frame set up a harmonic that made the dot unpredictable. Shows you can’t just slap on a steel frame to a polymer design and expect it to work optimally.

I pick up my 320 Legion in a few hours and can’t wait to get it to the range. I am hoping that the combination of a Tungsten infused polymer frame maintains the recoil absorption properties of a polymer frame while adding the weight of a metal pistol. At 40+ ounces, the 320 Legion is a specialized competition choice that wouldn’t seem to offer much appeal for carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the pistol I had a chance to handle it this past weekend (not shoot, of course) and was impressed by the balance of the pistol in the hand, as well as by the texturing and the trigger - if memory serves no stacking on the pretravel, a defined wall, a distinct roll, and a break. Very impressive - and all for $900. I was waiting for the 92X but the X5 legion really caught my attention.......

And i have to know - what shooter divulged his observations on the Q5 SF?

Just occurred to me some of the hottest new releases of recent years feature the letter X: 19X, 92X, X5

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Arguably the best shooter in the world today, told me he found the steel frame Walther to be a poor design for a red dot. He would rather shoot the polymer Q5 as the Walther execution of a steel frame set up a harmonic that made the dot unpredictable. Shows you can’t just slap on a steel frame to a polymer design and expect it to work optimally.

I pick up my 320 Legion in a few hours and can’t wait to get it to the range. I am hoping that the combination of a Tungsten infused polymer frame maintains the recoil absorption properties of a polymer frame while adding the weight of a metal pistol. At 40+ ounces, the 320 Legion is a specialized competition choice that wouldn’t seem to offer much appeal for carry.
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 07-10-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wasn’t the Hudson a metal framed striker ?
    Yes it was, and a very innovative design overall. R&D and manufacturing was too costly, essentially killing it before it ever really took off.

It's just interesting to see manufactures trying to build heavy polymer framed striker guns. For ever and a day, loosing weight was all the rage, aluminum frames, then polymer, etc. Now everyone wants to add weight back in to help tame recoil and get better balance. May have reached the point of diminishing returns.

It is still easier to produce injection molded parts even adding metal, than it is machining them. Sig really took a giant leap forward with the Legion frames. It opens up a whole new world of adding different materials to polymers.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

If they can add Tungsten to polymer, so can anybody else. I've been on the edge of purchasing a Gen 5 34FS. Think I'll give it a few months and see what happens...

It is still easier to produce injection molded parts even adding metal, than it is machining them. Sig really took a giant leap forward with the Legion frames. It opens up a whole new world of adding different materials to polymers.

TXPO
    I just wonder how long before they take the practice and try to “re-invent” their classic line with such frames. Though perhaps some manner of new SP2022 with such a frame could prove nifty.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List