Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on triggers?

Is it gray guns over everything else?

The apex seems tempting. I don’t care about the weight as much as wanting to decrease the reset
    Combination of new GGI kit plus Armory Craft trigger is the current hotness.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I put GG kits into my pair of X-Fives about three years ago- what, if any, difference is there with the “new” kit? Hopefully less mushy?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I put GG kits into my pair of X-Fives about three years ago- what, if any, difference is there with the “new” kit? Hopefully less mushy?
    Well, the "new" kit comes with two different spring sets, in addition to their sear. It also has an overtravel-adjustable trigger. But the ArmoryCraft trigger is better because it has screws to remove pretravel AND overtravel, not just overtravel.

Have you tried this? I read over on enos that Bruce Gray said it’s not drop safe but others disagreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Well, the "new" kit comes with two different spring sets, in addition to their sear. It also has an overtravel-adjustable trigger. But the ArmoryCraft trigger is better because it has screws to remove pretravel AND overtravel, not just overtravel.
    Are the sets different weights? Any reliability issues with one or the other?

I ordered the GG trigger for my legion. We will see how it goes. I watched a couple videos on the install. It looks doable.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Have you tried this? I read over on enos that Bruce Gray said it’s not drop safe but others disagreed.

Are the sets different weights? Any reliability issues with one or the other?

I ordered the GG trigger for my legion. We will see how it goes. I watched a couple videos on the install. It looks doable.
    My wife has it in about a half dozen Legions, but I only have one Legion Max with an OEM trigger. I have no insight into whether the Armory/GGI combo is drop safe.

My wife has it in about a half dozen Legions, but I only have one Legion Max with an OEM trigger. I have no insight into whether the Armory/GGI combo is drop safe.
    I’d say thats a pretty good testament to the trigger! Which spring set does she use?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

If you don’t use the pretravel, it’s drop safe. If you do use too much of the pretravel, you disable the striker drop safety. Given the variables I’ve personally seen in 320 series FCU’s I would test each specific build if I were concerned about this potential issue (rather than just rely on a global setting for a group of pistols in a rotation).

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If you don’t use the overtravel, it’s drop safe. If you do use too much of the overtravel, you disable the striker drop safety. Given the variables I’ve personally seen in 320 series FCU’s I would test each specific build if I were concerned about this potential issue (rather than just rely on a global setting for a group of pistols in a rotation).
    Just to clarify, over travel or pre travel?

Pre travel. The drop safety mechanism needs pre travel to function (like on most other semiautos).

Here's Bruce Gray saying why he thinks it's a bad idea (From https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...omment=3233693)

Straight from me: Do not use any other trigger with our P320 Competition Trigger Kit components.

Reducing pretravel via an adjustment on the trigger defeats the sear safety cam, messes with trigger mass balance & tolerance for impact, and degrades striker lock integrity.

I invented the sear safety cam feature around 2015 to enhance drop safety in our original P320 Competition kits. We made our system available to my friends in NH for incorporation into the Voluntary Upgrade.

Our modern P320 AST & AHT triggers effectively and safely reduce some gross pretravel and slop via optimal fit and finish, while supporting the Voluntary Upgrade fire control system to which I contributed. Our complete P320 Competition Trigger Kits provide the best possible pull characteristics to be obtained, consistent with the margin of tolerance for impact and rough handling we demand for your safety.

And anyhoo, there is literally nothing to be gained by sacrificing mechanical safety for that tiny reduction in travel which, unlike the purely mechanical qualities of overtravel, pull weight, and break texture, is best accommodated through proper technique and training.

If you don't believe me, ask Mason Lane, Isaac Lockwood, Yong Lee or James Delambert.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!

Of course, Pretravel- sorry, brain-to-fingers malfunction.

I have sent a note to the moderators to request a fix. Sorry about that.

User Tag List