Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

The magwell and grip are the biggest handicaps to the pistol out of the box, lots of guys are sculpting the grip and doing the carbide overlay which is a big improvement but once you remove the add on mag funnel to be legal there isnt a whole lot you can do with a dremel to make it more forgiving.
    I see wilson is offering tungsten inserts for their grip module which may be an alternative to consider, the wilson module has a much more forgiving magwell as it comes and more can be done to open it up with just some light work on the sides.

My personal opinion is that once the magwell attachment points are filled in, the magwell is fine. Dremeling out the back and rounding the opening in the front helps. No experience with the Wilson grip but I like the feel and balance of the gun too much to change now especially as I rarely have reload related issues that could be attributed to this magwell, and I rarely do more than 1 reload per stage in CO. The magwell is comparable to what everyone else is using with the Shadow 2 or Stock 2 and it's more forgiving than any of my Glocks.
    Name:  IMG_20200727_095301.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  23.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    The magwell and grip are the biggest handicaps to the pistol out of the box, lots of guys are sculpting the grip and doing the carbide overlay which is a big improvement but once you remove the add on mag funnel to be legal there isnt a whole lot you can do with a dremel to make it more forgiving.
    I see wilson is offering tungsten inserts for their grip module which may be an alternative to consider, the wilson module has a much more forgiving magwell as it comes and more can be done to open it up with just some light work on the sides.
    My wife has done a half dozen Legion magwells, and they came out great.

Name:  DF098EB2-4FEF-4613-BF25-49C96ABB351B.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  32.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has done a half dozen Legion magwells, and they came out great.

Name:  DF098EB2-4FEF-4613-BF25-49C96ABB351B.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  32.0 KB
    Her dremel work is infinitely cleaner than mine but I gotta say it really helps to fill those magwell voids with epoxy first. For me the corner on the front edge of the magazine used to get caught up in the front hole and the cartridge rim would get caught up on the rear hole. With those filled in and the dremel applied like that the magwell is arguably just as good as most 2011 magwells. Then again magwells don't matter much in this sport (IMO), but it doesn't take much time to do the epoxy.

I suppose the legality within the rules might be debatable, as I'm sure some people will argue about whether epoxy qualifies as a "grip plug". I'm like 99% sure Max Michel has a similar mod done to his gun, so I feel comfortable doing it as someone who primarily shoots club matches and majors hosted at my club.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 07-27-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Those look great

Between Sig magazines being metal and tapered, and the opening up of the magwell possible, the Legion is a serious reloading platform.

My friend, who shoots the Legion in CO, has experienced a serious degradation in accuracy with his practice Legion right at 70,000 rounds. I told him it doesn’t owe him anything at that round count.

This is his match gun at 15 yards.

Name:  78151B3E-101A-4F3B-9E15-1F13B59A1857.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  35.8 KB

This is his practice gun at 15 yards. Both benched and same ammo.

Name:  95F3C737-DCC8-4B9E-AD54-7173CEA94889.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  32.2 KB

What’s a normal lifespan for a 9mm barrel? I’ve seen P226 .40 barrels show degraded accuracy (pattern instead of group and key-holing) around 25-30k, and subsequently returned to service with a simple replacement barrel.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    What’s a normal lifespan for a 9mm barrel? I’ve seen P226 .40 barrels show degraded accuracy (pattern instead of group and key-holing) around 25-30k, and subsequently returned to service with a simple replacement barrel.
    We don’t think it is the barrel, because he also has a BarSto fitted by the Sig Armorer, and it is doing the same thing as the OEM barrel. Not the optic or recoil spring either.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My friend, who shoots the Legion in CO, has experienced a serious degradation in accuracy with his practice Legion right at 70,000 rounds. I told him it doesn’t owe him anything at that round count.

This is his match gun at 15 yards.

Name:  78151B3E-101A-4F3B-9E15-1F13B59A1857.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  35.8 KB

This is his practice gun at 15 yards. Both benched and same ammo.

Name:  95F3C737-DCC8-4B9E-AD54-7173CEA94889.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  32.2 KB
    At 70K rounds I think I could excuse that barrel for doing a good job and simply buy that gun a new one and drive on.

User Tag List