Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    By reputation, and through my personal experience, the original 320 X5 pistols were very accurate (precise). I am picking up chatter front from a number of sources that the Legion uppers do not shoot nearly as well. Max Michel, for example, uses a 320 X5 upper. A friend of mine who is a high round count 320 Legion shooter recently bought 4 320 X5 slides to replace his Legion uppers because their accuracy was poor. Barrel swaps don’t fix the issue, it relates to a change in the Legion slide.
    I wonder what the deal is there. I need to get another optic and mount it on to my X5 Legion to compare apples:apples, but I'm pretty happy with how load development is going for my X5 original (is that what we're calling the old ones?). I still need to try loading up some of the 115gr HAP and Zero 125gr JHPs I have, but so far it's pretty accurate with 147gr Zero JHPs. These groups are from a crappy 2x4 rest at 25m. Note I was adjusting zero between groups, it's not zero shift inherent to the load.

I will say subjectively the slide to frame fit is tighter on the X5 OG than the X5 Legion, and the slide to barrel fit on the X5 OG is bank vault, zero play in any direction. I'm legitimately impressed with that aspect. The slide to barrel fit on the X5 Legion is fine, about on par with other good quality pistols.

In our circle of Legion shooters, which is approaching a dozen, it is clear that the Legions do not shoot as tight groups as the X5 pistols. Some Legions start OK, but open up with increasing round counts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In our circle of Legion shooters, which is approaching a dozen, it is clear that the Legions do not shoot as tight groups as the X5 pistols. Some Legions start OK, but open up with increasing round counts.
    That's interesting. I wonder if it affects only Legion slides? In other words is like a tan X5 slide good to go, or does it have to be one of the original X5s milled for Romeo 1 (not R1 Pro)?

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder if it affects only Legion slides? In other words is like a tan X5 slide good to go, or does it have to be one of the original X5s milled for Romeo 1 (not R1 Pro)?
    My wife and other friends have been buying current production stripped X5 slides from Osage and getting good results with them. They do take a break in period.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A month and a half with the legion and I’ve made a few changes. For competition I think a grip job or tape is a must. I also removed part of the beaver tail and opened up the magwell. Running a springer optic mount for the SRO. Name:  F5968487-D8CB-4112-87EC-B5643EC9E42C.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  95.5 KB
    Name:  3CC7CEC8-4649-4E5F-BAAB-65F3B8A7BBC4.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  24.4 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Yesterday I made a totally unplanned impulse purchase of a X5 Legion after shooting one at demo event at the SIG Academy. I was very impressed by my test drive, and they were offering it to participants at a price that I couldn’t pass up.

I haven’t had a real racegun in a few decades, I walked away from club level action shooting in the very early 90s when it started turning into an equipment race that I couldn’t afford. Later on I did get back into very casual practical shooting (IDPA) with my carry guns, but stopped that years ago. I don’t really see myself getting back into competition, but who knows. For now anyways, this will be a fun range toy that is enjoyable to shoot.

I doubt at this point I’ll be doing any modifications, but due to my eyes I may add a RDS. I’m thinking the easy button RDS is a direct mounted Romeo1 Pro, which I believe allows some kind of cowitness with the stock front sight using the molded in rear channel. Is this correct? Or would I need a taller front sight (not a deal killer.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Same experience for me as well with my OG X5 and Legion.

P320 newbie question regarding the X5 Legion. Just because, I’m tempted to pick up a second unweighted grip module, one of the Wilson Combat ones. Would any of the full size ones work, or is the X5 special? The modularity limits are a little confusing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    P320 newbie question regarding the X5 Legion. Just because, I’m tempted to pick up a second unweighted grip module, one of the Wilson Combat ones. Would any of the full size ones work, or is the X5 special? The modularity limits are a little confusing.
    Any full size will work.

I think the modularity is pretty universal. There are people running midsize slides on fullsize frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Any full size will work.

I think the modularity is pretty universal. There are people running midsize slides on fullsize frames.
    Thanks - I thought I saw comments about limitations between the X5 line and the “normal” P320s.
    Ken

User Tag List