Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Just got mine. Very attractive overall package. Out of the box, the trigger is much improved over a legacy X5, and only about 8 ounces heavier than an X5 with a Gray Guns Competition X5 trigger. The Delta Point Pro mounts with the Leupold screws without any adapter plate.

Name:  FFB24A55-9EB6-429D-B523-7D9B09C6C3A5.jpg
Views: 12812
Size:  72.1 KB

Weight with optic and magazine but OEM magwell removed.

Name:  C21E6D85-F347-4BD0-844C-9CED5B320C6F.jpg
Views: 2538
Size:  55.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Yes it was, and a very innovative design overall. R&D and manufacturing was too costly, essentially killing it before it ever really took off.

It's just interesting to see manufactures trying to build heavy polymer framed striker guns. For ever and a day, loosing weight was all the rage, aluminum frames, then polymer, etc. Now everyone wants to add weight back in to help tame recoil and get better balance. May have reached the point of diminishing returns.

It is still easier to produce injection molded parts even adding metal, than it is machining them. Sig really took a giant leap forward with the Legion frames. It opens up a whole new world of adding different materials to polymers.

TXPO
    One should note, this is really for a very specific audience. Its designed to fall just on the edge of legal for certain classes in USPSA / IDPA.
    If you were SWAT, an LEO or some sort of low speed high drag operator the plastic versions would be more appropriate due to the weight.

If they can add Tungsten to polymer, so can anybody else. I've been on the edge of purchasing a Gen 5 34FS. Think I'll give it a few months and see what happens...
    Indeed. There is no reason S&W and Glock can't come out with a "super pro" version of their competition pistols, or Springfield for that matter.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 07-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.

I handled but did not shoot one of these yesterday.

BIZARRE. Seriously bizarre feeling.

I dont mean that in a bad way at all, im just not used to such a heavy "plastic" pistol. The polymer grip frame felt...substantial for a change. The overall balance of the gun despite being nearly twice the weight of my preferred Glocks was extremely well done. Not nose heavy or grip heavy at all. The balance seemed to be right underneath the trigger guard undercut which will lend itself to a fast transitioning gun.

My ONLY concern and I hope that this is completely unfounded is that the tungsten infusion may result in brittle frames. I really hope im totally off base there but only time will tell.

Trigger was good although I felt like the shoe itself felt really cheap since its such a thin stamping of metal. If it shoots and doesnt pinch me then this feeling is just that, a feeling and completely worthless.

Sig is absolutely crushing it with product releases as of late as Phil Strader is NOT fucking around when it comes to giving the public what they want. I hope they're making money hand over fist and taking massive market share away from Glock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Arguably the best shooter in the world today, told me he found the steel frame Walther to be a poor design for a red dot. He would rather shoot the polymer Q5 as the Walther execution of a steel frame set up a harmonic that made the dot unpredictable. Shows you can’t just slap on a steel frame to a polymer design and expect it to work optimally...
    Well, I am no where near arguably the best shooter in the world, but my experience is opposite. I have red dots on 4" direct milled, 5" direct milled and 5" Q5 poly with the adapter plate. I made the mistake of being talked into shooting the steel frame with a red dot at a match a couple of weeks ago. There was no comparison for me. The steel frame was so much more controllable. It fit my hand better than any pistol I have ever held. So I found one NIB on the internet.

Shooting with the open sights was great. This weekend I'll be shooting with the red dot. Hope my cheap ol' Vortex Viper dot won't be unpredictable.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Well, I am no where near arguably the best shooter in the world, but my experience is opposite. I have red dots on 4" direct milled, 5" direct milled and 5" Q5 poly with the adapter plate. I made the mistake of being talked into shooting the steel frame with a red dot at a match a couple of weeks ago. There was no comparison for me. The steel frame was so much more controllable. It fit my hand better than any pistol I have ever held. So I found one NIB on the internet.

Shooting with the open sights was great. This weekend I'll be shooting with the red dot. Hope my cheap ol' Vortex Viper dot won't be unpredictable.
    You should ask him yourself, since he is your home town hero!

Site Supporter
    Maybe my stiff (well aged ) skeletal frame has different harmonics.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I shot about 300 rounds through the new Legion this afternoon. First magazine, I had a stoppage or two with PMC 115 ball, which is low power factor ammo. None with American Eagle 115 ball, and then the PMC ran as the pistol got some rounds through it.

It was easy to zero the DP Pro, took it off a P10F, and it was within an inch at 25 yards. A few clicks on the prototype ruggedized Pro, and I was zeroed. This pistol is a delight to shoot. When I went back to a regular X5, it felt flighty by comparison. The regular X5 has a GGI competition trigger, and while it is a smidge lighter, I thought the stock Legion trigger was GTG.

I think the new Legion will be the bomb for high round count shooters. The combination of its weight and the way the X frame beaver tail spreads recoil over the web of your hand, makes this pistol extremely comfortable to shoot. The X grip is also very easy to get a good grip with, as I referenced with how easy the X Compact is to draw from appendix concealment. The polymer and Tungsten combination would seem to offer the best of a polymer and metal gun. And, as a simple striker design, it doesn’t seem maintenance intensive like the metal pistols.

My wife shot it and liked it enough, we got her one. This was a surprise as she thought she might prefer the lighter weight of the regular X5 she has been shooting lately. She has the Dremel out working on the magwell now, so we will see if the Tungsten makes that work any harder.

If the pistols run and hold up, I predict Sig will sell crates of them to competitive shooters.

She did a great job on the mag well:

Name:  C84EE9AE-1F8A-41CC-BE23-FF40A7791C96.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  105.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot about 300 rounds through the new Legion this afternoon. First magazine, I had a stoppage or two with PMC 115 ball, which is low power factor ammo. None with American Eagle 115 ball, and then the PMC ran as the pistol got some rounds through it.

It was easy to zero the DP Pro, took it off a P10F, and it was within an inch at 25 yards. A few clicks on the prototype ruggedized Pro, and I was zeroed. This pistol is a delight to shoot. When I went back to a regular X5, it felt flighty by comparison. The regular X5 has a GGI competition trigger, and while it is a smidge lighter, I thought the stock Legion trigger was GTG.

I think the new Legion will be the bomb for high round count shooters. The combination of its weight and the way the X frame beaver tail spreads recoil over the web of your hand, makes this pistol extremely comfortable to shoot. The X grip is also very easy to get a good grip with, as I referenced with how easy the X Compact is to draw from appendix concealment. The polymer and Tungsten combination would seem to offer the best of a polymer and metal gun. And, as a simple striker design, it doesn’t seem maintenance intensive like the metal pistols.

My wife shot it and liked it enough, we got her one. This was a surprise as she thought she might prefer the lighter weight of the regular X5 she has been shooting lately. She has the Dremel out working on the magwell now, so we will see if the Tungsten makes that work any harder.

If the pistols run and hold up, I predict Sig will sell crates of them to competitive shooters.
    That looks like an amazing gun. Gonna have to put together a few pennies and get one soon. What are you doing for a holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    In the past manufactures move into pistols with polymer frames for weight savings.
    I'm pretty sure that the appeal of polymer frames was the reduction in manufacturing costs rather than the weight savings.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List