Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My friend believes the issue is barrel to slide lockup.
    I'm curious to see if the groups tighten up if he swaps his match gun's slide + barrel onto the practice gun's FCU and grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I'm curious to see if the groups tighten up if he swaps his match gun's slide + barrel onto the practice gun's FCU and grip.
    He is going to try an X5 slide with the Legion barrel. If not that, he is going to focus on FCU wear.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We don’t think it is the barrel, because he also has a BarSto fitted by the Sig Armorer, and it is doing the same thing as the OEM barrel. Not the optic or recoil spring either.
    That is just a SIG doing what SIG does. After I heard a response from a higher up SIG executive in regards to MPX malfunctions and firearm longevity I will never run any SIG for a competition gun.

He is going to try an X5 slide with the Legion barrel. If not that, he is going to focus on FCU wear.
    I’m not sure if that will work or not. There have been running changes to the barrel/slide interface on the X-Fives and older slides were precisely fitted to the barrels. Later runs may have more of a “drop in” fit. So it may depend upon when the slide was made.

Let us know if it works out.

Over the course of fiddling around, he had three different optics, and three different barrel in (two OEM and one BarSto). So next step today was to figure out whether the issue was FCU or slide. He dropped an X5 slide and OEM barrel on the Legion lower and FCU from the problem pistol and got this at 15 yards, suggesting the problem is with the Legion slide.

Name:  7819FF2F-2EB5-489B-9D26-C3E55F892CF9.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  34.7 KB

I suggested that he examine the slide closely to see if he could see a crack or other problem.

By reputation, and through my personal experience, the original 320 X5 pistols were very accurate (precise). I am picking up chatter front from a number of sources that the Legion uppers do not shoot nearly as well. Max Michel, for example, uses a 320 X5 upper. A friend of mine who is a high round count 320 Legion shooter recently bought 4 320 X5 slides to replace his Legion uppers because their accuracy was poor. Barrel swaps don’t fix the issue, it relates to a change in the Legion slide.

My wife is slowly moving to all X5 slides, in place of Legion slides, for improved precision. She just put together a new X5 slide based upper yesterday, did a rough zero with her laser thingee, and these are her first five shots at 15 yards.

Name:  346D7307-DA05-4677-B16B-0F49DE98E866.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  36.2 KB

My wife has settled on an X5 upper and Romeo 3 Max or XL as her preferred upper combo, although she keeps a SRO for “rainy days and timmie pursuits.”

She really likes how the small size X5 lower feels in her hands, but prefers the weight of the Legion lower for USPSA. Recent experiments have been getting a tungsten grip weight to try to heavy up her X5 small lower, and most recently she took a Dremel to a medium Legion tungsten lower to try to reshape it to the equivalent of a small, since the small tungsten lowers are still unobtanium. That let to a protracted session last night, and my wife got to the range today with the smaller tungsten lower.

She has been struggling with splits under .20, which I have believe relates to her hand position on the too large Legion lower. Right off, she threw down some .14 splits, so there is joy in our household tonight. I know when her doubles drill results in .25+ splits we have a certain mood, better yet is .20-.25, and who knows what might happen now.

My wife is slowly moving to all X5 slides, in place of Legion slides, for improved precision. She just put together a new X5 slide based upper yesterday, did a rough zero with her laser thingee, and these are her first five shots at 15 yards.

Name:  346D7307-DA05-4677-B16B-0F49DE98E866.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  36.2 KB
    Glad she likes the laser thingy!

Here is her next purchase.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/quick-patch-tape-gun

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Ordered today, doesnt show an eta but I'm sure it'll be soon, gonna stick a romeo 1 pro on it, no eta on that yet either
    Spent a ton of money on a metal grip, dovetail relocation, special holster, magazine mods, etc, etc, etc when I could have just bought or built a P320 variant and gotten most of what I wanted without the wait times and for less money.

User Tag List