Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Glad she likes the laser thingy!

Here is her next purchase.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/quick-patch-tape-gun
    The Wheeler laser has paid for itself over and over. That laser, a battery tester and Fix it Sticks are must have accessories for a red sit shooter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Wheeler laser has paid for itself over and over. That laser, a battery tester and Fix it Sticks are must have accessories for a red sit shooter.
    So glad you're liking it!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Could you expand on the battery tester and fix it stick?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Could you expand on the battery tester and fix it stick?
    https://store.fixitsticks.com/collections/all-shooting

You can choose the kit that meets your needs.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Bit of an update:

My P320 X5 Legion passed the 6k rounds mark recently. To date, I have had zero malfunctions shooting a variety of factory brass case ammo (Federal American Eagle, Syntech, GECO, S&B, Speer Lawman, Blazer Brass), using the 12# recoil spring. My cleaning schedule consists of field stripping the gun and wiping off the slide rails, barrel, etc every 750-1000 rounds. I lubricate key areas every 500-1000 rounds. When the crud starts to noticeably affect how the trigger feels, I pull the FCU out and wipe it off (that works out to every 1000-2000 rounds). Knock on wood but I am satisfied with the reliability thus far.

Apart from attaching the SRO for carry optics, I filled the magwell attachment points with epoxy and beveled the inside with a dremel. I also added silicon carbide grit to the grip for texture.
    How did you do the silicone carbide on the grip?

How did you do the silicone carbide on the grip?
    What I did was clean the grip really thoroughly and degrease with alcohol. Then I masked off all the stuff I didn't want texture on. I used Bob Smith 30 minute epoxy, and brushed it on with a sponge brush. Then just spoon on the silicon carbide and make sure you don't leave any bald spots. Make sure to take off the masking tape before the epoxy fully sets or it'll be a pain in the ass later. Alma Cole has a YouTube video on this that is more detailed. If I were to do it again I'd make sure to rough up the smooth surfaces on the grip with sandpaper first, because over time I've had a couple small (0.25"x0.25") spots flake off, but the texture still does its job so I'm not going to redo it. I didn't bother reducing the grip width or anything to account for the extra thickness because the Bob Smith epoxy goes on fairly thin anyways and I didn't want to take off too much of the fancy tungsten infused polymer.

https://youtu.be/DL3ExFQNHkM
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 05-07-2021 at 12:20 PM.

I forgot I never posted any update on the reliability of the gun. I've been shooting the X5 Legion since November 2019 and thus far I have about 11k rounds through it. Since I made that other post about my cleaning regimen, I totally fell off of it. I don't think I've even cleaned my gun in the last 3k or so rounds. I have only 6 malfunctions total, although that number isn't exactly fair as many of them were related to my own questionable reloading. 1st malfunction was a failure to go into battery, due to a weakened recoil spring (this was at 7k rounds on the original 12lb spring). I later had 2 light strikes with my reloads, which I had culled from my match ammo to use for practice because the primers looked a little high. I had two more failures to go into battery due to not lubing the gun for about a thousand rounds and shooting a 2 day class. I then had 1 failure to chamber with ammo that was marginal in my case gauge but I put in the practice bin anyways. If you remove the malfunctions I caused with my ammo, that's a MRBS of 3.6k. The gun would have been even more reliable if I actually took care of it but it runs well enough that I get lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    What I did was clean the grip really thoroughly and degrease with alcohol. Then I masked off all the stuff I didn't want texture on. I used Bob Smith 30 minute epoxy, and brushed it on with a sponge brush. Then just spoon on the silicon carbide and make sure you don't leave any bald spots. Make sure to take off the masking tape before the epoxy fully sets or it'll be a pain in the ass later. Alma Cole has a YouTube video on this that is more detailed. If I were to do it again I'd make sure to rough up the smooth surfaces on the grip with sandpaper first, because over time I've had a couple small (0.25"x0.25") spots flake off, but the texture still does its job so I'm not going to redo it. I didn't bother reducing the grip width or anything to account for the extra thickness because the Bob Smith epoxy goes on fairly thin anyways and I didn't want to take off too much of the fancy tungsten infused polymer.

https://youtu.be/DL3ExFQNHkM
    Did you sand off the textured areas or just clean it and apply the glue?

Did you sand off the textured areas or just clean it and apply the glue?
    Just cleaned and applied glue.

Anyone have any recommendations on triggers?

Is it gray guns over everything else?

The apex seems tempting. I don’t care about the weight as much as wanting to decrease the reset

User Tag List