Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

FWIW, I carried a 5" stainless steel P220 for years and years. The weight was annoying at times but when the gun came out of the holster, that weight was forgotten.

I've been carrying an X-Five as a duty gun for almost a year. I'd love to get my hands on the Legion version and see how it shoots. I suspect that the weight will be worth carrying around if you actually plan on shooting.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    FWIW, I carried a 5" stainless steel P220 for years and years. The weight was annoying at times but when the gun came out of the holster, that weight was forgotten.

I've been carrying an X-Five as a duty gun for almost a year. I'd love to get my hands on the Legion version and see how it shoots. I suspect that the weight will be worth carrying around if you actually plan on shooting.
    Well the XFive itself is pretty good. With a base plate and grey guns metal spring guide its what 36 ounces? Thats substantially more than a Beretta M9. You can wait for the new frames to come out and/or get a tungsten guide rod.
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...ngs-SP0247.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    That looks like an amazing gun. Gonna have to put together a few pennies and get one soon. What are you doing for a holster?
    Same X5 holsters work for the Legion. Right now, my wife and I are using a CompTac International on a BOSS hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Well the XFive itself is pretty good. With a base plate and grey guns metal spring guide its what 36 ounces? Thats substantially more than a Beretta M9. You can wait for the new frames to come out and/or get a tungsten guide rod.
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...ngs-SP0247.htm
    My wife spent today evaluating the weight difference between a regular X5 with a Tungsten guide rod and the Legion. Her regular X5 is mid 30’s and her Legion is 44.2 ounces. She was worried that she wouldn’t like the extra weight of the Legion, but after a good session, she pronounced the Legion GTG, and said she prefers the extra weight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Recently, a friend broke the takedown lever on a 320 Legion, at about 20,000 rounds. It was difficult to remove. This morning, my wife realized she also broke the takedown lever on her main practice 320 Legion. Took effort to remove it. Just got a text from the same friend who broke another takedown lever today. Seems like a failure point in the 320 Legion. Not sure if the takedown lever is common to “regular” 320 pistols.

Take down levers, safety levers, FCU fiddly bits, strikers, triggers, trigger bars - all made MIM, all made overseas, and assembled in NH. There have been LOTS of control failures on M17/M18s since they rolled out - and I don't expect that will change, since Sig is selling them to DOD for $185 a pop, with night sights and magazines...

What's my point? The market for 320s, IMHO, is for a high end shop to start making tool steel key parts - takedowns, safeties, triggers, etc; in addition to the Gucci grip modules. Folks who really like the platform (and having shot it, I don't begrudge folks who do) would, I don't doubt, pay a premium for parts of more well-known provenance than the factory parts.

Before I forget, my above mentioned friend just bought a new 320 Legion and was able to direct mount an SRO without a plate, as it came with additional RMR footprint holes drilled by the factory.

I haven’t been following the 320 Legion lately...aside from the issue above, how are the doing in terms of performance & reliability?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I haven’t been following the 320 Legion lately...aside from the issue above, how are the doing in terms of performance & reliability?
    Good and good.

I'd have to stop and think hard to consider how many takedown levers I broke in my P220s. The problem got worse when I started using the stainless frames. I later found out that the stainless frame flexed (or didn't flex) differently than aluminum. This meant that instead of dying at 20,000 rounds, I broke takedown levers as low as 8,000 rounds. I wonder if Sig has gone and one the same thing with the addition of the tungsten to the Legion frame.

We've had a bunch of on-line training to make up for in-person classes cancelled by the pandemic. One of the sections was taught by our FLETC range staff. They report that they've now seen over a million rounds through P320 of various agencies with 2,500 rounds per student being average. At least in the early part of its life span, they report that the P320's are holding up well and they're impressed with the accuracy compared to other offerings.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Before I forget, my above mentioned friend just bought a new 320 Legion and was able to direct mount an SRO without a plate, as it came with additional RMR footprint holes drilled by the factory.
    I literally had that happen 45 minutes ago. Was going to test fit my Springer plate, RDS doesn't arrive until Monday. RMR holes are right there. It was a nice surprise.

User Tag List