Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Chuck everything but the FCU?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Perhaps swap parts with his comp gun to try to isolate the issue? I suppose the slide catch pivot pin (the barrel cams off this) could be worn enough to cause inconsistent lock up, but more likely than not the issue is in the slide.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My friend, who shoots the Legion in CO, has experienced a serious degradation in accuracy with his practice Legion right at 70,000 rounds. I told him it doesn’t owe him anything at that round count.

This is his match gun at 15 yards.

Attachment 60248

This is his practice gun at 15 yards. Both benched and same ammo.

Attachment 60249
    At 70k it's time for a new pistol or at least a new FCU. The official service life of an M17/18 is 35,000 rounds and your friend is at double that.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    At 70k it's time for a new pistol or at least a new FCU. The official service life of an M17/18 is 35,000 rounds and your friend is at double that.
    Wait...that’s it? 35,000 round service is it? That’s like .40S&W service life. If that’s only a P320 9mm I’d hate to see what the .40S&W variants have for a service life.

Wasn't one of the initial concerns about the 320 design a potential decrease in accuracy over time? I am no engineer, so I wouldn't know know what to look for to anticipate that, but I recall reading it when the 320 first launched and thinking that I probably wouldn't approach the round counts where it would be a problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I was an “early adopter” of the X-Five P320, my first one has the silver barrel, and I never heard anyone predict issues. It has a tight lock-up (“pre-tensioned”) and still shoots ragged holes benched at 25 meters.

I wail say, though, that there is great variability in the P320 FCU’s from one unit to another in terms of trigger action. Both my X-fives have GG kits in them and are still spongy compared to, say, my out of the box HK VP9’s, all five of which are within 3 ounces in trigger pull and super-crisp by comparison.

The long slide VP9 Optics Ready blows the X-Five out of the water for trigger and a few other factors, but the X-Five does have better magwell solutions out of the box and is a more “competition ready” platform in general.

The 320 Legion is far and away, the most used pistol in USPSA Carry Optics. I see more Legions than everything else combined.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Wasn't one of the initial concerns about the 320 design a potential decrease in accuracy over time? I am no engineer, so I wouldn't know know what to look for to anticipate that, but I recall reading it when the 320 first launched and thinking that I probably wouldn't approach the round counts where it would be a problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    That was my understanding. I recall someone, maybe Steve Fisher taking about that several years ago.

My agency deadlines guns at 10k so it’s not really a concern for us.

My friend believes the issue is barrel to slide lockup.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Wait...that’s it? 35,000 round service is it? That’s like .40S&W service life. If that’s only a P320 9mm I’d hate to see what the .40S&W variants have for a service life.
    My impression of the 320, at least the lower half is that is is a disposable pistol.

User Tag List