Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 XFive Legion

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At $25, if it works as well as the other options, it will make some other vendors unhappy.

Perhaps so- I have GG kits in my two P320 X-Fives and those come with a nickel PTFE coated, reprofiled sear, different springs and stops, and a trigger with different leverage points and overtravel adjustment. I think those kits were ~$110 when I got them, and go for ~$150 now (with several finish options on the triggers available).

If you can get most of the benefits- including drop safety- which is the rationale that GG ascribes to various re-engineered parts in particular- for 1/5th the cost of a kit, or about 1/9th the the cost of sending it into GG for the work, then this could be a good thing for users, and a blow to the aftermarket smiths.

But I would personally want to see some test data, to see if this really does maintain safety.

It would seem to depend on what benefits you want. The revised parts from SIG (should) have fixed the drop safety problem. Bruce Gray worked with SIG on the drop safety problem, so his parts also maintain drop safety values. The Glockstore kit just messes with springs, so it should also maintain the drop safety values. Of course, I haven't tested it, so this analysis is worth what you paid for it.

If you want to reduce trigger weight, you have to swap the sear springs, the trigger return spring, or both. This kit would let you do that, as would the Gray Guns kit. Depending on your reset preference, you may want to put heavier springs in somewhere (or not). The Gray Guns kit includes two sets of springs so you can mix and match.

If you want to "clean up" the trigger, you'd need to mess with the sear, the part of the striker that contacts the sear, or both. The Gray Guns kit includes their sear so you can do that. As far as I know, the only other option to work on the break is to send your FCU to the Sig Armorer. Last I heard he was Max Michel's gunsmith. I'm not sure if he still is (and used this spring kit plus striker/sear work) or if Max is just using this spring kit.

The Gray Guns kit also has a trigger with revised geometry to interact with the trigger bar (which can affect pull weight and trigger travel), plus a screw to eliminate overtravel. The Glockstore kit has bushings to eliminate overtravel, but you still have the regular legion trigger/trigger geometry. Which you may or may not prefer.

My completely unscientific guess is that the Glockstore kit will get you a pretty good trigger for run and gun games for a heck of a lot less than the Gray Guns kit (or a Sig Armorer trigger job), but will not please the trigger snobs among us.
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 08-12-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: fix typos

I had the R3Max optic off the Max Michel Legion for the first time, and was impressed with what I saw from Sig underneath.

Name:  A708BC2B-91B1-498E-AE25-3DE5899B2461.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  47.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had the R3Max optic off the Max Michel Legion for the first time, and was impressed with what I saw from Sig underneath.

Name:  A708BC2B-91B1-498E-AE25-3DE5899B2461.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  47.7 KB
    That looks clean. Nice work Sig.

@GJM Does it have the tighter lockup of the non-legion X5 slides?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    @GJM Does it have the tighter lockup of the non-legion X5 slides?
    No

Trigger kit arrived:

Name:  6E6643FA-F203-40C7-BF8C-175733F51DCB.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  53.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I pulled out my early-production (one is so early it has the silver barrel) X-Fives with shrouded, 6 MOA Romeo1’s out this afternoon for the first time in at least 18 months, and ran a few mags through both.

They’re remarkably accurate and easy to shoot fast, so I understand their appeal as game guns. (I was pleased to note the batteries are still charged in the sights, it seems the 6 MOA units really do have the problems sorted out.)

The early X-five really is very accurate (one ragged 2” tall, 1/2” wide vertical hole at 25 yards with Norma 115 grain ammo off the bag), so I am mystified that SIG would have messed with the top end they way they apparently did.

A friend of mine was just bragging about how great these guns are and how popular they are in carry optics. I had no idea there were issues.

Can someone reiterate the issues?

In a nutshell, the early X-fives (like mine) have “pre-tensioned” fitted barrels, and current ones have more of a drop-in barrel. Some shooters feel they do not hold accuracy as well.

I cleaned my legion for the first time today. Approximately 4,000 rounds thru it (give or take 500) and it has never had a malfunction of any kind. GG competition trigger and a tungsten guide rod.

It was filthy with carbon caked on parts of the upper and lower. I’m a believer in the platform. There are some odd wear patterns on the slide and barrel. From what I understand the wear on the barrel is a known thing with the p320 from the barrel contacting the takedown lever. I’m running a 12lb spring and the tungsten rod which I’m sure increases the wear.

Name:  9D3F1E03-5BB5-48DE-8936-45DB4D7505BD.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  32.8 KB
    Name:  C12D0E61-1144-47D2-A853-E70CAB9BF9EB.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  29.2 KB
    Name:  0AAC7F7E-7B76-4B08-AC9A-25997ECE08C4.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  40.4 KB
    Name:  041D1004-8B27-4D01-9DB1-1ACC49F17D75.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  30.8 KB