Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colorado PF’ers - HK P30 V1 LEM search

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    No, have their trigger shoe as well. I never liked the lines on a G19 trigger shoe, and in my previous foray, swapped the G17 smooth trigger shoe in. I would guess, with the smooth NP3, plus Ny1, about 6-6.5lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice. Been thinking about trying that with the Tac trigger I have. Then I could have the coated trigger bar without losing my pretravel. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    No, have their trigger shoe as well. I never liked the lines on a G19 trigger shoe, and in my previous foray, swapped the G17 smooth trigger shoe in. I would guess, with the smooth NP3, plus Ny1, about 6-6.5lbs.

Does the NP3 make a big difference? I've been trying to get a light DAOish trigger on a Glock for a bit and also tried NY1 with a minus connector, then tried reduced power striker spring with it too, but the wall is still quite strong. I've been looking at those Overwatch NP3 coated parts, but seems like a lot money to spend without knowing if it'll change much for me. I'm also looking at the SD9VE with an Apex spring kit, or, more relevant to the title, LEM with heavy TRS before I just give up and try learning to love typical striker fired triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Does the NP3 make a big difference? I've been trying to get a light DAOish trigger on a Glock for a bit and also tried NY1 with a minus connector, then tried reduced power striker spring with it too, but the wall is still quite strong. I've been looking at those Overwatch NP3 coated parts, but seems like a lot money to spend without knowing if it'll change much for me. I'm also looking at the SD9VE with an Apex spring kit, or, more relevant to the title, LEM with heavy TRS before I just give up and try learning to love typical striker fired triggers.
    I had the a set of Overwatch NP3'ed parts in my Gen 5 19. Tac Trigger, minus connector and safety plunger. In my opinion, that actually seemed to create a more defined wall than the standard G5 parts. I did not change any springs.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I had the a set of Overwatch NP3'ed parts in my Gen 5 19. Tac Trigger, minus connector and safety plunger. In my opinion, that actually seemed to create a more defined wall than the standard G5 parts. I did not change any springs.
    NY1 spring in my Gen4 really muted that feel, more deliberate pull through due to the spring resistance. Kind of what I was going for and best combo I could work out using OEM parts (Coated) that maintained OEM geometries.

That beings said, liking this LEM so far over three days of dry fire.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Hard to quantify the change for me. I got it lightly used, it had a ZEV trigger that was way light, I sold it and got the Overwatch, OEM bits stayed in the spare parts role. Cost neutral for me. I would offer, it certainly does not hurt.

I like the LEM so far in dry fire, very reminiscent of the single action trigger pull feel I came to appreciate with my PX4 Compact, with a little pull weight increase half way through.

Mentally though, I had one foot in @cornstalkers camp of simplification, despite preferences, with Austrian plastics. Until I can certify that the LEM does indeed scratch my itch, which as of now, it does (still in honeymoon period though), I probably will continue to straddle the line.

One thing for sure though, I have adapted to the HK mag release quickly and really like it. +1 HK for that.

User Tag List