Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado PF’ers - HK P30 V1 LEM search

Colorado PF’ers - HK P30 V1 LEM search

Does anyone (in Colorado, front range area) have a P30 LEM variant I can try? Keenly interested in one and have shot the rental V3 (DA/SA version) at Douglas County Firearms but finding a LEM in stock so far has been unobtanium. Hit up two gun shops today, V3s in stock (if 1 counts as ‘stock’) only.

Happy to pay for range time, Ammo and clean up afterwards if I can shoot it (not necessary since I imagine the recoil feels exactly the same as the V3 I shot)- just want to get my hands on one and feel what the trigger is about before deciding to depart with HK type $ and my PX4C (personal ergo reasons only, it is 110% amazing otherwise).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly, I'm on the other side of the country so can't let you try mine but I can lend an opinion. LEM is different than most trigger systems and requires a bit of dedication to master unless you come from a revolver background. I personally love the LEM trigger (V1 or V2) and find that it quite easy to shoot well.

In case you missed it, there is a great thread from some time ago where many people weighed in https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....21-Why-the-P30. Give it a read through, well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    Sadly, I'm on the other side of the country so can't let you try mine but I can lend an opinion. LEM is different than most trigger systems and requires a bit of dedication to master unless you come from a revolver background. I personally love the LEM trigger (V1 or V2) and find that it quite easy to shoot well.

In case you missed it, there is a great thread from some time ago where many people weighed in https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....21-Why-the-P30. Give it a read through, well worth it.
    Thank you! I have read hours worth on the LEM here, very informative and what convinced me (among few other rational personal observations with my current situation) to explore this option.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Happy to pay for range time, Ammo and clean up afterwards if I can shoot it (not necessary since I imagine the recoil feels exactly the same as the V3 I shot)- just want to get my hands on one and feel what the trigger is about
    In short: V1 trigger feels like V3 in single-action but with a longer take-up. It has the same trigger pull weight.

V1 recoil should feel a little bit softer than V3 recoil because the LEM hammer spring is a bit stronger. But it's no big difference.

My favorite P30 trigger variant is V4 CH. "CH" stands for Switzerland. This trigger variant has been developed for and delivered to Swiss Police. It has a take-up length between SA and LEM. Trigger pull weight of V4 (incl. V4 CH) is between V1 and V2. OK, but the differences between the different LEM variants are not so big. Practice is more important.

Remember to rack the slide before you check an LEM trigger. Otherwise you check a double-action trigger.
    Last edited by P30; 07-03-2019 at 12:43 PM.

I am very read up on the subject so tracking with all the spring charts, TGS variants, etc. I am also a tactile learner so I need to feel it, touch it, etc which is driving the plea to CO LEM owners.

That's fine. I live 5000 miles away from Colorado. So I've tried to help how I could.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    That's fine. I live 5000 miles away from Colorado. So I've tried to help how I could.
    I appreciate the feedback!

I'm down in Pueblo and my LEM is a USP9 but if you want to make the drive some time you're welcome to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

My approach was to buy it and if I didn’t like it sell it. I wound up liking the P30, but when I’ve done that with other pistols it costs me between $100 (glocks) and $50 (keltec). Since it takes me at least $200 worth of ammo to figure out whether I kind of like a pistol, I figured it was a fair trade.

With the P30LEM it may be the best way to go, because there is a consensus here that it takes at least a couple thousand rounds to figure out whether it’s going to work for you, and with fewer it’s really not giving it a fair shake.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm down in Pueblo and my LEM is a USP9 but if you want to make the drive some time you're welcome to try it.
    Perfect. Actually passing through to Fowler tomorrow for family festivities but no time to stop.

Will let you know. Still pondering a run at learning the RMR and if that’s the fork in this road that I take, I think a Glock may be a better host (resale wise if that ends up not being my cup of tea).

User Tag List