Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RFI: New Hampshire

Most importantly I think tho is that the wrestler HHH is from nh and comes to Santa's village every year to play Santa for the kids. Hes a solid dude...both physically and as a person in general.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is all great information - I don’t know squat about NH other than the fact Mas keeps everyone in line.
    He moved to Florida to escape the snow

I’m flying in to Manchester in a few weeks. I think this trip will be confined to the hotel ( ) but, if all goes well, I will be back on a regular basis to find a new town and then home. I may play residency games by buying a condo in a vacation area for my residence, and renting it out on AirB&B or the like most of the time while I “visit” MA. Not sure how I’d handle the guns doing that, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

There’s a nice indoor range right near the airport: http://www.gunsnh.com/

Site Supporter
    Flying armed into Manchester isn't a problem. Flying armed in Logan shouldn't be a problem, assuming NH (or VT and ME) is your final destination. I wouldn't want to be playing with Mass residency while armed.

Where do you actually (approximately) do you need to spend your time? A large part of southern NH commutes to Mass, unless you are going to fully embrace that process.

If there is anything else the New Hampshire contingent can do for you, please ask.
    Last edited by EricP; 07-23-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Check on the current policy for renting. They have restrictions on people alone renting firearms — suicide prevention, I think.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

Check on the current policy for renting. They have restrictions on people alone renting firearms — suicide prevention, I think.
    I believe they will rent to you while alone if you have a carry permit.

I moved to NH 12 years ago from NY and it is a night-and-day difference.

I'm 10 minutes away from the Manchester AP (in Bedford) and would be happy to meet up with you, and go to the Manchester Firing Line (good group of folks there) if you're game. Let me know via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m flying in to Manchester in a few weeks. I think this trip will be confined to the hotel ( ) but, if all goes well, I will be back on a regular basis to find a new town and then home. I may play residency games by buying a condo in a vacation area for my residence, and renting it out on AirB&B or the like most of the time while I “visit” MA. Not sure how I’d handle the guns doing that, though.
    I've lived in all the northeast states... If I had to spend all my time in MA, I might go ahead and live in MA depending on what I was into and where I spend my time.

There are some serious convenience gains, and at risk of being a heretic, MA is better for most non-gun things. The microbreweries in MA are world class, the microbreweries in NH are "go to MA". The hospitals in MA can plug gunshot wounds and sew limbs back on, the hospitals in NH will send you to MA. The tech companies in NH are a short list of defense contractors; the tech companies in MA are too numerous to list.

The major shooting sport events in the region are normally in MA, for whatever reason.

But it has an assault weapons ban and magazine limits. Residency games won't save you from these; they apply to out-of-staters, and non-resident CCW permits are even more of a pain than a resident permit.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 07-23-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Flying armed into Manchester isn't a problem. Flying armed in Logan shouldn't be a problem, assuming NH (or VT and ME) is your final destination. I wouldn't want to be playing with Mass residency while armed.

Where do you actually (approximately) do you need to spend your time? A large part of southern NH commutes to Mass, unless you are going to fully embrace that process.

If there is anything else the New Hampshire contingent can do for you, please ask.
    I can work from home or anywhere, and the potential GF I’m coming east for has a home based business and two teens in school that will keep her tied to her current location in Reading, MA for at least four years. Our intent is if this works out the way we hope is for me to take NH residency with some kind of brick and mortar home in NH, but I’ll actually spend much of my time at her place working and sleeping there. I realize there won’t be any kind of CCW reciprocity with MA, and that if I took MA residency much of the contents of my safe would probably violate state law for residents. I will not willingly become a MA resident.

Down the road we have discussed selling her business and making a full time move to NH or elsewhere, she was planning that with her late husband anyways. We may also consider coming back this way to WI, but NH taxes are very compelling.

Thank you for the offer, I’m sure I’ll be taking you and others up on their offers of help.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List