Thread: Just Added Another Dan Wesson .357 to My Collection

Just Added Another Dan Wesson .357 to My Collection

I found an excellent condition Dan Wesson 15-2 VH8 .357 Magnum at the LGS today for $399. At that price there was no way I was leaving without it. I did leave it's partner behind which apparently came from the same estate. It was a Dan Wesson Model 9-2 .38 Special with a 6 inch ribbed barrel for $349. I didn't know anything at all about the Dan Wesson's in 38 Special until I did a little research when I got home. It seems they may be a bit more rare than the .357's. Im not entirely sure because there is not much info and I found no pics of a 9-2 with a 6 inch barrel. Im still deciding if I should go back for it after work.

Here is the 15-2 VH8 above my 15-2 6 Inch.

My first gun at 17 was a 4" Dan Wesson. I wish I'd never let it go.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I got a friend who has a couple of them..one in .357, the other in .44mag, with a couple of barrels, one being 10" long..very nice shooting pistols, and IMO undervalued, considering the abilty to easily change barrels and reconfigure the pistol.. CZ (who currently owns DW) recently brought out the pistol packs, but this time around, they want $2000.. I've always like the idea of the pistol pack, my problem is, I don't have a extra 2k to buy one with..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I got a friend who has a couple of them..one in .357, the other in .44mag, with a couple of barrels, one being 10" long..very nice shooting pistols, and IMO undervalued, considering the abilty to easily change barrels and reconfigure the pistol.. CZ (who currently owns DW) recently brought out the pistol packs, but this time around, they want $2000.. I've always like the idea of the pistol pack, my problem is, I don't have a extra 2k to buy one with..
    2k in 2019 dollars doesn’t sound that far from the originals as I recall.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    At least the last time I was in touch with CZ/Dan Wesson customer service, they can still sell an individual barrel assembly if there is a specific individual length you would find useful.

User Tag List